1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 is almost over

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

I was thinking today about the things that have happened in 2006 to me and I began to realize looking back at all of this that 2006 has been a life changing year for me. Before 2006 I was not a very happy person. In 2006 I came out to my best friend, my Mom, my dad, and some other friends of mine, I rode in an airplane for the first time and I moved out of my parents house. While I did spent a lot of unnecessary worrying over coming out to my parents for the most part this has been a good year for me. I hope that for the people here that are having problems coming out to the people they care about and any other problems they have that 2007 will be my 2006 for them I hope everybody has a good and safe new year and that good things and possibly life changing (for the good) happen to them in the year to come oh and I found this website this year which really helped me through some stuff so yeah thats another good thing but anyway I hope 2007 proves to be a good year for all of you

HAPPY NEW YEAR!(&&&)
    Sam

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Good post Sam!

It will be interesting to hear what other members thought were the good points and bad points of 2006 for themselves.

3. TriBi

No time to list them all ATM...

I actually popped in just to wish everyone a Happy New Year myself.:slight_smile:

It's now less than 5 hours away here - and I'm about to head out to celebrate.
    (!) :eusa_danc

Have a good one everybody!!

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Only a few hours to go here....

I hope you all have a great 2007. If you are going out celebrating please be safe and sensible - I want to see you all back here in one piece please! :slight_smile:

Paul

5. step49x

'06 has been fun. I graduated high school, started college, actually started caring about having a social life, and fully accepted that I was gay (and started coming out to a few people).

Yeah, '07 is going to be interesting. All the people that I still haven't come out to, all the boy friends/relationships I hope to have... It's going to be an interesting year. :biggrin:

6. tired_of_lying411

20 mins into 2007 for me! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

7. Sam

Sam

well I hope all goes well for everybody this year and I hope everybody had a great new year well I'm going to bed because its 3:41 where I'm at and I'm tired and a little buzzed so nighty night to me and I'm not waking up for a long time good ummm morning everyone

Sam

8. davo-man

Last year was the biggest let down for me...the year before was so much better...so instead of telling you wat i did in 2006 im gunna tell you wat happened in 2005(believe you would fall asleep on my 2006)

Pros-Went to Europe ith 31 school amtes visiting places like Italy, Turkey, France and England(england was the best...sorry to french ppl out there but i didnt really like france)
    -Came out to my best friends(all female)
    -Touched my crush (of almost 3 years) boner (unfortuantely through pants and in the middle of class)
    -Saw numerous hot guys naked -hot karate kid...hairy bear guy...farm boy...i think thats it
    -Got good grades

Cons-Friend became bulimic after coming out to ppl (completely not attracted to him so dont get any ideas about me and him)
    -Had silent fight with good ffirend(hot karate kid) after i called someone a dickhead and he sided ith them...this led to my entire friendship group disbanding leaving me with not very many firends...oh but hes so damn fine i can forgive him
    -was bullied by hot karate kids new group of friends(im now friends with everysingle member of that friendship group and spent New Years Eve with the guy i called a dickhead talk about irony.
    -Started getting ignored by crush of 3 years...he so damn hot tho

that was 2005 now a brief summary of 2006...am continually ignored by my "best friend" the girl i first came out to...both best frends now have serious boyfriends....crush of 3 years nearly completey ignores me....a girl asked me out thati didnt know the name of oops!...I got 19 for maths studies(yr 12 maths) whilst im in yr 11!!!!!!saw hot karate kid in very nearly the buff YUUUUM as well as phsycho his with his pants millimetres above his pubic area soaking wet....played strip poker with hairy bear guy....thats about it...talk to you guys later HAPPY NEW YEAR

9. ampthejazz

2006 was a huge year for me.

-In around April, I came out to some of my closest friends and my parents. My close friends knew that I was "at least bi" since that summer, but I realized that I was definitely gay. I think it was just coming out to myself that was the hardest.
    -Just before the school year, I came out to everyone. It basically consisted of a quick little mention of something in my livejournal and word of mouth. Word travels fast in high school, even when we're not in school.
    -I had my first boyfriend in October. It didn't last long, but it was fun. :grin:
    -Got good grades.
    -Made leaps and bounds in my piano playing.
    -Solidified strong friendships.

To be perfectly honest, so far 2006 was the best year of my life.

10. Sam

Sam

I agree with you 2006 was the best year of my life too hopefully this year will be great too

11. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    For me, 2006 wasn't the best year of my life, but it certainly set me up for a great 2007 because:

- I came out to all my closest friends and my sister, so that's all out of the way.
    - I gained a bunch of new friends and with them a much better social life.
    - I got over a serious crush, showing me that rejection isn't the worst thing in the world.
    - Got EXCELLENT interim grades, setting myself up for excellent midterms (fingers crossed), or at least really good final grades.
    - Developed myself mentally, helping me to find some new hobbies, as well as re-explore some old forgotten ones.
    - Got my braces off, so now I'm pretty when I smile :icon_bigg. <= Yep, just like that :lol:.
    - Gained a lot more self esteem and self confidence.

and FOUND EMPTY CLOSETS!!!(!)(!) :icon_bigg.

12. gao_89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    2006 was a big year for me:
    -I FINALLY accepted that I'm gay
    -I came out to my mom
    -I got really good grades, which is good for college applications:bang:
    which I thankfully finished!:biggrin:

Hoping that we all have a great 2007! Happy New Year, everyone!

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Wow - it sounds like 2006 has been brilliant for some of you! I hope 2007 is even better.

14. LorenzG1950

My 2006 was nothing short of amazing.

- Found EC just as I was stumbling out
    - Came out to my entire family and friends
    - Fell in love 2.5 times
    - Found a great new apartment
    - Had fantastic success with my photography at work

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

15. tired_of_lying411

2006.... no comment.

Let's just say that I hope 2007 is better.

Well, I guess I'm being a little negative, I came out to my brother and a really close friend.