1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Refreshment....Rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4ever Hearth, May 22, 2013.

1. 4ever Hearth

I am so tired of coming across different people with the same attitudes, likes and dislikes, mannerisms, goals, etc. Seems like most of the people I come across in my age group, in one way or another, have a plan for "World Domination." Or "Getting The Party Started." What ever happened to appreciating the simple things. I don't want everyone to just live for the moment. We all have seen how bad that can go(YOLO anyone?). Besides, Ambition CAN be very much the twice removed cousin of Greed. As long as you keep a leash on that :***:. For Instance, me and my friends are opposites at our core but surface wise we are very similar. They are definitely more extroverted than I am and have no issues showing it. Honestly, I'm sick of being made to feel as if I am a party pooper or I'm the bad guy because they want to be extremely loud and unruly when I prefer moderation or isolation at the moment. I am not much of a team player but I suck it up. I usually never just throw the ball up and say "Screw it." Yet no one around me ever sucks it up. It's always their way or the highway and I am so tired of being told "Well that's fine and well but if you want (insert desire here) you need to be more like that." WHAT KIND OF :***: IS THAT?!

Anyways, I wish more people around my area would just dare to be different. Not just when it comes to sexuality. Hell I think my sexuality was never much of a bother for me because I spent most of my life beforehand being on the outside. I enjoyed things most other kids didn't and I did what I pleased(at the expense of no one else I might add). Though I am a 21 year old Male, there are times when I want to just sit in the house, curl up with a good friend(s) or so and pull an all-nighter watching a bunch of movies and/or shows ranging from Disney to Spartacus to Anime to Documentaries.

Basically, I'm tired of the front. I call it that because as we clearly know everyone isn't always like "Everyone else." It's called Human Difference. And even if that weren't the case, what fun is life if you never try anything new..You know?

I don't have it in me to "Dig for Gold" either. I've wasted so much of MY energy and time, two things I can never get back, helping and waiting for others to realize that they didn't need to pretend to be someone else to live in this world. The best that I can do is assure you that I can provide a safe environment where you can be who you are. Like an After School Program but beyond that, I can't afford to play "The Savior." Tracy Chapman said it best: "This youthful heart can love you. Yes and give you what you need. But I'm too old to go chasing you around. Wasting my precious energy."

I have recently begun to venture out into new places and so far I like what I have seen. I am just in serious need of Social Refreshment. Something to quench this thirst for diversity that I've had long before understanding what it was. Idk. Maybe I'll find it, maybe I won't. That's life. But for now, I'll always have Books and DVDs. :thumbsup: (!)

End Rant......Have a Good Day Everybody. :smilewave

2. Scarlet123

haha yeah whats wrong with being different, and can't be missin out with DVD's in your possession huh haha :grin: i want to travel but i'm stuck in england, when i am older i hope to go on a few holidays to at least places in europe, anyway if everyone was the same the world would be a depressing place am i right? and anyway who defines the term 'normal'? there is no such thing and if there were normal is boring anyway :grin:

3. 4ever Hearth

That's all I'm saying. :lol: