1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slap across the face!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, May 22, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Wow so my friend I haven't talked to in a while texts me and is going on about her life right and then she's like ya my new boyfriends father is a millionaire in Dubai so we are moving there..... I'm like your kidding me right? She's like no it's a good match he has money I like money it's perfect. So she texted me to tell me she's leaving which made me sad but also angry that she stopped texting me because this guy was threatened by me and my family because my dad said something about his fathers businesses he felt I was trying to be better which isn't true. And now he's pretty much forcing her to leave. Wow

2. Alexander69

As much as I hate her I'm sad I guess she's leaving but I don't want to be like OMG DON'T LEAVE ME GURL STAY BE MY BFF FOR Ever but I don't think she should go

3. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No offense to you Alexander but I could imagine you talking a lot like Matt Lucas's character Vicky Pollard from "Little Britain". Which by the way I find that character hilarious! :lol:

4. Ridiculous

Well guess what voice I'm going to be reading them in now.
    Yeah but no but yeah but no but ERR SHUT UP YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE.

5. Alexander69

HEYY I loved that show at one point ahahah

6. DanD

It's out of your control Alex, so there's really nothing you can do. However, you can easily stay in touch via the internet, telephone etc, if you want to.

On a side note, All you need to do is add a few full stops, and then your posts would flow much easier on the eye. (*hug*)

7. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :lol: :thumbsup: (!)

8. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    no offense but that is like a scene from a series or something!, lol

get out of that situation, they may assasinate you!! you dont know what millionaires can do!

9. Hexagon

I second this.

10. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just have to throw my two cents in about Little Britain. Love that show! In part because it's funny, and in part because it's British and I get little snippets of British life. I love that y'all referenced it here. :slight_smile:

--Zoe

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    money makes people show their true colors

12. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were a woman, there's no way I'd go to Dubai with some guy who wanted to marry me no matter what. Women are pretty much considered property there, and she will have almost no rights, and if things go wrong, she gets into an argument with her husband, etc, it will be nearly impossible for her to get out of the country.

But... I seriously doubt that much of anything could change her mind at this point, so about all you can do is maybe warn her of this and then wish her the best.

14. FemCasanova

Yeah, I`d warn her, and tell her you`re just worried about her, but also wish her the best. If you get to adamant about it, she`ll probably just get defensive and tune you out. It`s a shame, but people have to make their own mistakes, and they will. We can warn them, but we can`t stop them.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm not sure I fully understand all the variables in this scenario, but it seems like, from this and your other threads, that all the people around you in your life are consumed entirely by money and material greed.

Does this girl really want to go to Dubai? You said she wanted to go, for the money, but then you said he is forcing her to go?

It's obviously a bad idea, and you should try to talk her out of it, if you get a chance to talk to her again. But failing that, you're probably just going to have to move on.

I would suggest maybe you should try to find friends who aren't so obsessed with money, and who wouldn't apparently throw you under the bus as a friend as soon as she saw the chance to get rich. People who put money before friendship are not going to make good friends to begin with.

16. Alexander69

My family are millionaires too. That's why my dad was talking crap about his fathers business and he took it the wrong way because he's an idiot. Ad my friend she doesn't come from a really wealthy family but he life revolves around money which is why she tried to get woth me before. But obviously she's not my type :wink:

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, there is this terrible, horribly dirty second meaning (or third..) to the phrase "slap across the face."

While I'm not a particularly dirty person, I must admit to having thought about it before clicking on this thread.....

(*avoids answering original OP question since I don't know what to say*) :lol:

18. Harve

This has just made the posts even better. Thankyous.

---------- Post added 24th May 2013 at 02:05 AM ----------

He didn't say the husband was Muslim; the vast majority of Dubai's population are immigrants, many of which aren't Muslim.