1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG. IDK If my mom saw this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, May 22, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

So this morning I was checking EC when my mom walked in..
    i completely forget and there were some seconds that EC was on the screen before I remembered to close the browser.

I have no clue what she read, what if she read "Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out"???

She didn't say anything. I am scared >_<

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She may not have seen anything, has she been acting different since then?

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she saw it, she probably would have said something about it already. She might not have been reading it either, anyways. I've had EC open in a tab around my mom and she hasn't seen or said anything about it.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It might be worth coming up with a cover story. Something along the lines of doing research and stumbling on this site. There are some searches that could possibly lead here, even without going anywhere near sexuality. The allergy thread, for example, might possibly turn up in some Google searches.

Or there is the story of the friend at school who is gay, and you are trying to learn so you can understand.

What is your mom like? Is she the sort who'd react on the spot? Many parents are like that, so if nothing was said then, she may not say anything later on.

5. Ticklish Fish

currently nothing is said. so im not sure how much was read lol

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry, just say you were on there for a friend or out of mere curiosity. If your mum confronts you, you can answer, but bringing it up on your own accord would arouse a bit of suspicion.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My guess is she probably didn't pay a whole lot of attention. EC looks pretty generic unless you're close enough to read the top of the page and see the banner and so forth.

Personally, I'm not a fan of elaborate cover stories. I feel like, unless one is an Academy Award-worthy actor, it's hard to pull it off credibly and if you don't pull it off, all it does is drive a wedge between you and whomever you're hiding from. Usually not addressing it is the best choice. Now... if she does question you on it, then you get to decide what to do, and sometimes a cover story at that point can work. But even then, unless you know that a parent will be really unaccepting (throw-you-out unaccepting), I feel like taking the opportunity is often the best choice.

8. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If she hasn't said anything by now she probably wont , she might be waiting for you to come out and already new or she really didn't see anything. My dad moved my draws while I was away and found my copy of Diva magazine ( English factual lesbian magazine) which was really obvious what it was , he just put it on my bed and didn't say anything denial is a curse/wonderful thing depending what you want to happen.