1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you approach people, and how you like to be approached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marsh, May 22, 2013.

1. Marsh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, how to you get to know people you are interrested? There is a guy I've been interresed for a while now, but I simply can't get an opportunity to talk to him. It's not like I'm too scared, I'm afraid of scarying him! I do not want to screw this up. So, I just wanted to know, how you guys do it? It would be nice seeing it from another angle too: how you like people to approuch you?

2. Hefiel

I don't typically approach people, but of those I've approached, it's usually because I had something they needed, and I was willing to share it with them. By "something" I mostly mean "Knowledge" which is the only currency I deal with at the moment. Basically if they happened to need some help and I could provide it (and also felt like it) then I might initiate the conversation by saying that I can help. Or perhaps they were just discussing about something, and I happened to know of an information that they weren't aware of, then I might just throw that information in. Sometimes they'd let me in afterwards, other times things we'd each go our way.

As far as how I like people to approach me. For one, not in a noisy way and not too touchy. Feels like they're invading my space and I hate that. They shouldn't approach me when I'm concentrated either, I tend to be pretty rude in that state. Beyond that, I don't really have a preference on "how" I like to be approached. Most who've approached me just casually came near me, asked if they could sit next to me or just started up a conversation/ask a question.