1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any artsy people here who can help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by estrella, May 23, 2013.

1. estrella

First note: I hate the idea of asking this. Second note: I hate the idea of asking this when I'm not sure where to post this!

Alright, so, I've thought long and hard about this, and I have decided, I'm going to get a partial sleeve tattoo done for my next tattoo. I, I dare say, cannot draw to save my life. But when I got in to the parlor, I want to make sure my artist has the references and can offer up his best work. I have some of the references I need, but the layout of the design is what I need to discuss with someone who can do just a rough sketch of it, seeing as I can't. I'll give details later.

I'm sorry if this seems sooo outta place. :help:

2. BlueBear

Can’t you do this like on TV where you tell the tattoo artist what you want and they draw out a stretch for your approval? What is the content you want to have?

3. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I would ask the artist atthe parlour, whose job it is to design tattoos. I'm an artistic person and would be willing to design tattoos, and I have been asked in the past but I've declined and told them to ask the artist because at the end of the day I know diddly squat about actual tattooing.

4. jargon

I've designed a few tattoos for friends in the past but they were all very simple and going on flat parts of the body where the layout wasn't a concern. For a partial sleeve I'd suggest having the design by someone with real tattoo experience - either the artist whose going to do it for you or someone else who's done serious tattoo designs before.