1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aviation Lovers anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Counting Stars, May 23, 2013.

1. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    I wanna find a mate, or even girls... who is interested in everything about aviation and wants to become a pilot in the future! :grin:D Guess you guys know what I like now <3 thanks~~~ [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm, more than anything? I've wanted to be a pilot since I was about five, and that love of flight has never dulled*.

I actually got to be at the stick a few times thanks to a program called "Young Eagles" at my local airfield. They would take kids up for a short flight in a small plane for free, basically to get them hooked on aviation. Of course I already knew what I was in for, but had an awesome time. The pilot I got to go up with the first time had a turbocharged, bubble-canopy plane that was basically a Ferrari in the sky, and I could not have been more at home. I'll remember it forever, or at least until I try for my own pilot's license. :grin:

*I chose not to do aviation as a career so far, but that doesn't mean it's still out of the question eventually.

3. hazza

I'm a massive fan of commercial aviation and flying and always have been, even since I was a little one. My boyfriend is a commercial pilot and I've been able to jumpseat a few test flights that he has had to fly. I don't necessarily want to be a pilot in the future as I love hospitality and interaction with people, so I'm planning to (and will) become a flight attendant one day.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's exactly me. I'm headed to one of the well-known university aviation programs in the fall and I'm studying to be a pilot.

5. SilverGirl

well i really like planes and aviation, especially commercial planes, but i just enjoy them, im not sure if i want to fly those or anything (i dont think i could handle the pressure haha), maybe just learn how to fly those little planes for fun now and then, but im not sure where i should go to learn it, or if im "too old" for it?

6. HeyAshley

turbulance? no thanks!

7. HelmetBoi

Massive commercial aviation geek here! :icon_bigg

8. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I want to get my pilots license after I finish college. I want to fly smaller planes though. My ultimate dream is to be a bush pilot in Alaska.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, turbulence is never really an issue unless you're flying through a thunderstorm or something. Mostly it's just slight rumbling, and on small planes, hardly even noticeable.

10. Foxface

I'm not a pilot but I will share my experience

When I was int he Air Force I won Airman of the Year. When you win a high award you sometimes get what they call an incentive flight where you choose a plane to fly in and you take a flight. I am a much bigger fan of heavy bombers and heavy transport air planes as opposed to fighters or anti-tank aircraft. So when I got to my new base I was awarded an incentive flight.

I chose the KC-135 Stratotanker. It's the Air Force's air refueling plane. So after we took off, I was allowed to sit in the aft of the plane and lay down in the refueling station and help refuel several F-16's. They get SO close to you and it was exhilarating.

Still though I have a special place in my heart for B-52's. I was a 2W2 in the Air Force and before I worked on big missiles I worked on small missiles for B-52H launch.

So I thought I would share that with you OP

[​IMG]

Foxface

11. SlickyPants

I have always had a fascination with airplanes as a kid. Whenever I dig my way out of debt I'm going to go for a private pilot licence. Who knows, maybe things will progress further than that and it may be a new career choice.

12. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    Yes, I am sure most of you have seen a very popular aviation website with a very distinctive blue screen, you might find me there.

I was a passenger on one of the inaugural A380 flights.

13. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    great maybe we should meet XD

---------- Post added 24th May 2013 at 09:45 PM ----------

oh gosh that was so cool >< so did u get to AIR COMBAT???? haha

14. jimL

Always wanted to fly helicopters. So cool.

15. sammyjane72x

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once was going to be a pilot, still a die hard plane spotter