1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would u stick With ur ex as a friend and guide him away from sex,drugs and alcohol?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, May 23, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I'm trying to steer him away from all that but it doesn't seem to be working .so my question would be would u still keep in contact with ur ex and steer Him away from sex and drugs and alcohol? Or would u say its a lost cause and forget it ? :help::help:

2. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Would u stick With ur ex as a friend and guide him away from sex,drugs and alcoho

As a friend, yes. If he is my ex then that means that I probably still care for him as a friend even though we are not compatible people.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Re: Would u stick With ur ex as a friend and guide him away from sex,drugs and alcoho

Thank u ur a very kind person :slight_smile: I'm so far and all I can tell him and text don't do it and he's I anyway doing it anyway :frowning2: and no reply right now

4. AKTodd

I would probably try up to a point (depending on the circumstances of him becoming my ex), but ultimately there is only so much one can do to help someone who refuses to help themselves. Ideally I would want to try to steer them into professional programs that are designed to help with these sorts of issues and could likely do a far better job than I could.

My 2c worth,

Todd

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u I can text and tell him don't do it and tell him to go to rehab but no reply yet. And I can't fly there and drive there and pull him away from it . I'm 19. And I just I don't know . Thats why I'm asking if I should walk away or stick with him and talk to him and give him help .

6. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Ya I would try my best to help them.

7. AKTodd

Are you considering walking away in the near future/right away or attempting to get him to change for a while and then deciding base on progress (or lack thereof)?

If the former, I'd say it depends on how long you've been trying already. If it's been months and no change then it may be time to stop. If it's been days, then you need to give it more time IMHO. If you're just starting and are trying to decide how long to try, then I'd say that only you can make that decision based on how much progress or not you think you're making with him as you go along. I'd say you should stop and check your feelings or available evidence on your progress on at least a monthly basis.

Todd

8. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

It's been days and I'm not sure about the near future I want him completely clean and away from that girl
    Bc she's influencing all this. He's done drugs b4 we met

9. photoguy93

I'd keep some line of communication open and I'd set a "line in the sand." Let's say...you alert family members to this problem. Or maybe you do research and find appropriate rehab facilities. I don't know. But at the end of the day, you have to draw a line.

People won't get help until they are ready. You might be able to move that along, but it depends. You have to protect yourself, too. I always use the line about airplane emergencies - "in the event of an emergency, grab your oxygen mask first before helping others." If you have two people who are out, what's that going to do?

10. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

It's been days and I'm not sure about the near future I want him completely clean and away from that girl
    Bc she's influencing all this. He's done drugs b4 we met