1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New law

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nintenfreak92, Apr 17, 2008.

1. My aunt and uncle are trying to pass an anti-bullying law that would require the schools to take more serious action to the bullies. The idea of the law came about in august 2005 when my cousin matt commit suicide. He was on his way home from work when he was jumped by a couple of seniors. They beat him up as a freshmen orientation thing, they told him that they would make high school a living hell for him. so later that week he killed himself. Now my aunt and uncle are trying to pass this law. well I found out from my mom one day is that, the only reason it's not being passed is that it would also protect blacks and gays. I was like WTF!!! there are people who would not pass a law to stop kids from being bullied and potentially killing them selves because it would protect to many different people. I just wanted to hear what other people have to say about it.

2. Trumpetplyer23

Now, I know both sides of the coin on this issue.

I was bullied ever since pre-school. It sucks, it really does. I think an anti-bully law would do a great thing for schools, stop the number of suicides, school shootings, etc.

However, on the other side of the coin. I would make sardonic, ironic comments to a girl in my science class. It wasn't really bullying, I never called her names or pushed her around, I just contradicted everything she said. Well, she went to the principal and he pulled me, this girl, and another girl from this class into his office. He said that if ANY of us ever say anything like that to each other again, we'd get suspended from school. This girl lied on the other girl and I, claiming that we said 'Die vegitarian die' and that I called her fat. It's a double bladed sword, because someone could lie and someone else could get into serious trouble.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. My condolences.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good for your aunt and uncle for taking something tragic and painful and doing something good with it! Bullying laws should protect everyone. Period. They should also include eductation though. Its not okay to slap somebody's hand for doing it if we don't teach them why its wrong or how to behave in a better way. Know what I mean?