1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love?I'm sorry we are closed.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayAndHappylol, May 26, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    So lately these days,i cannot feel love.I dont know if i am stressed,or worried or anxious.But i just cant feel it from anybody.Also i cant love anyone.I mean not always in a sexual way but in general.When friends or others tell me how much they love me and stuff,i feel empty,i feel nothing,long time ago when someone told me they love me i was feeling awesome and happy and a nice warm feeling inside,like here,many friends on here tell me they love me and nice stuff,and i feel nothing..i feel like i cannot feel anything.I really dont know whats the matter,can anyone relate?Just wondering...

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brené Brown talks about this...

Sometimes people choose to not feel the negative emotions that go with shame, with not feeling good enough or worthy enough to connect with people.

So they choose numbness, as a defense against the bad feelings. But the mind does not discriminate...like some pesticide that kills the good bugs too, shutting down negative feelings also shuts down the possibility of feeling joy.

In my blog here at EC: "Katabasis", there is a discussion about the need to descend and feel, really feel, one's own vulnerability and yes, even sadness, for a while anyway. What eventually emerges is someone who's a little bit less naïve about people and about oneself.

I would urge you to find help from a qualified counsellor on this journey back to feeling...

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh great,katabasis comes from a greek word :grin: awesome.
    Anyway,here in Greece there are many numbers to talk with councellor,even i think its from too much stress.But ill give them a call today.Thank you :slight_smile:

4. Perseus

I totally understand how you feel, I feel empty sometimes. Once in a little whole I feel like I don't have anything. I just talk to people about how I feel and listen to some music. I would say that I'm not in the mood of having emotions or feelings for anything.

My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiech - YouTube. If you haven't watched this video, please go and watch it. It will make you think a lot. I found it very touching and inspiring. I felt like I had to do something in life. It's about this guy with a rare terminal cancer. I strongly recommend you to watch it, it'll change the way you look at things. His love for everyone, and leaving happiness behind. :slight_smile: hope you feel better!