1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate Gay beauty pageants

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Garciano, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So you guys sure this happens. Gay beauty pageants. Gay people who dresses in excessive drag and let people laugh at them. Im sorry if this is offensive to some, but it ruins the reputation on being a gay, they give the dumb people reason to laugh about gays and makes it harder to gays who doesnt like that to come out. I Know not all of em are like that but what i see is mostly like that. UnRespectable. I dont mean to hurt. I just wanna state my opinion on this matter. I respect people if they respect themselves whatever you are, gay lesbian hetero or whatever. I respect transgenders who act like a real woman

2. Beware Of You

Sounds like my worst nightmare

3. Ridiculous

No.
    No.
    No.
    No. No. No.

The point of equality for sexual and gender minorities isn't for us to be seen the same as 'normal' people. The point is to drag society (kicking and screaming, unfortunately) to a point where people can be THEMSELVES, regardless of whether that fits in with the majority.

If you feel uncomfortable with people dressing in drag, well frankly, tough titties. Stay away from them if you don't like them that much. Don't blame them being themselves for any of our hardships, because them being able to do that safely and freely is the goal.

Also NO.

4. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This thread has been locked and kept in the forum so that others may view it.

Ridiculous has hit the nail on the head here and it's not worth adding more, only to reiterate that whilst some people are uncomfortable with the act of drag, it's not an issue that the whole LGBT society needs to address because there is nothing to address.

It's not only gay men who perform drag shows, plenty straight men, bisexual men, transgender men, transgender women, straight women, pansexual people who don't label themselves as either male or female - you name it, a good number of people will also enjoy dressing in drag for a multitude of reasons, drag shows and other public display being two reasons.

Drag shows have nothing to do with transgender people; transgender people will often dress in the clothes of their gender but this is not drag unless they state that it is (enter shows etc) and in this instance they are no different from any other person performing in drag. Garciano's last sentence could well have been meant as innocuous but it is everything but.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.