1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble At School?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simba29, May 27, 2013.

1. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is quite a silly topic to discuss but hey I'm bored at the moment! :grin:
    So were any of you known for being a trouble maker at Primary or High school? I would consider a trouble maker to be someone who talks back to the teachers, disrupts the class, teasing other students,yelling out, not focusing on your work or even being suspended!
    I would have described myself in school years to be a goody two shoes, always did my work, did what I was told..you get the picture! :dry:

Though the only thing I couldn't contain in the classroom was giggling or LOL! :lol: I think that was my way of being rebellious and letting out that inner tension that was always within myself,I hated going to school by the way! :dry:
    But mucking around with my friends was so much fun and we use to giggle about everything! Whenever we noticed the teacher was looking in our direction we use to put on the straight face only I always gave it away because my face use to go really red! :icon_redf So once the teacher was aware of our antics he/she use to split us apart and we would be sitting on opposite sides of the classroom.
    So lets hear your experiences and also you young ones as well because we have a lot of school age people here. :slight_smile:

2. Hefiel

Hm...I wasn't particularly a "trouble" case in High School. Things changed a little after I started going to Adult schools and Tech schools. Since I've always been rather good in school and significantly faster than anyone else I've met, I got a little arrogant and started skipping classes half of the time.

I clashed a few times with some teachers (and the Principal) because of that, mostly when they were giving me "warnings". I get why they do that, it's mostly because if one students starts skipping it might encourage others to do it to, but we're adults and what the other students do is the least of my concern. If I can skip school for 2 days and the class still hasn't catched up to me, I'm not going to bother presenting myself just to stand there and wait for the day to be over.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was a rebel at School, probably due to my Dyslexia, which wasn't diagnosed at the time, I would sit at the back of the class, didn't do my homework, played pranks, impersonated the teachers, played truant, I was the class clown & I was always in Detention & on Daily Report, so yeah, I got in trouble at school :badgrin:

4. Xochipilli

Goody two-shoes reprezent!
    :grin:

I also never rebelled, even through laughter.
    In fact, I had an art teacher who looked like J.K. Rowling and she once made the comment (only to me) that she wished I could snap my fingers and make all the hooligans in class go away.
    :roflmao: WTF?! I was flattered.

5. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always kinda bump heads with the adults in my life because of my smart alecky ways but I've never been suspended for it but lately I got detention for like skipping (rolls eyes) but that's about the extent of it...

6. evora

I never misbehaved at school, only in kindergarten but I blame the teachers, they hated me.

But what is detention? I know it's a form of punishment but we don't have that here, or suspension. Do they make you miss school for days when you're suspended? And if they do, what is that good for? And do they have separate class periods for detention? I'm really clueless, sorry.:icon_redf
    Could someone please explain how it works in the UK or anywhere else in the world?

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

^ In the US, it's an afterschool thing. You stay behind for like an hour or so. What you do in there (aimlessly staring at wall, copying lines, etc) depends on teacher?

I dunno. Not going by personal experience here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The purpose of detention is to punish u by taking away your free time after or before school by doing nothing in particular but sitting there, and u can't sleep. And suspension to when your not allowed at the school for a while and any work u miss is a zero the point is is to tank your grade but really most people like it.

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Detention can be held during recess (break time) or after school, you are put in a classroom with other people on detention or on your own, the detention may be one hour long & you are given some work to do, this could be lines, lines might be a sentence like "I must not cause disruption in the classroom" & you have to write it 100 times on a piece of paper.

Suspensions can be for different periods of time, for example 3 months, you are not aloud to set foot on school grounds for 3 months, this is to give you time to reflect on your bad behavior & to remove your disruptive influence on other pupils.

10. Gen

Gen

I have never been a trouble maker or someone that pointlessly causes issues for the class..... But..... I have always been a very outspoken and opinionated person. I am almost the first to speak up about things, good or bad, so if there was a "class rebellion" or teacher/instructor complaint I was probably, kind of, maybe at the head of it all. ; )

I have always been the type of student where 50% of my teachers have though I was the most amazing, polite, driven student they have ever met, and the other 50% think I was shot straight out of the pits of hell. Its not my fault. I just care about my academics too much to let an inadequate instructor do whatever they want at the expense of their students.

11. evora

Thanks!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Hiems

I'm one of those status quo people... just kept my mouth shut for the most part and did the work. Go to class, do the classwork, get out of class - rinse and repeat. Occasionally I would disrupt the class while my teacher lectured but that's usually b/c I was explaining a concept to a classmate.

I attempted to skip middle school several times during the honors assembly days, which were held during the class schedule. On those days, my teacher gave out certificates to students who had high averages for various subjects. I was a good student, so I got most of them. However great the day was, some of my classmates would verbally torment me and not leave me alone. It's ironic that a celebratory day ends up being crappy just b/c my classmates were annoyed. I neither bragged nor stuck my nose up in the air, so I was just baffled. B/c my parents forced me to go to school no matter what, I just dealt with it.

13. evora

That's a bit unfair.. You can get zeros in all the classes, for days?

14. justjade

I would get in detention for forgetting my book, drawing while the teacher was trying to teach, sleeping in class, and playing games in my computer class instead of working on the day's lesson. I went into that class being able to type 70 words a minute, so I was always getting work done really quickly and just be bored for the rest of the class.

Some teachers were really cool, and some weren't. My French class was right after food preparation class, and sometimes I'd just chill in French class eating a bowl of mashed potatoes or whatever. That was really fun. I was really good at that class, so the teacher let it slide. On day, we made buckeyes in food prep, and I gave them to the people in my French class.

My senior year, I had two study halls in a row in the same room, and I slept straight through both of them once.

When I had detention, I just drew pictures and wrote stories, and when asked what I was doing, I'd just say, "I'm working on homework for art class", which I actually was taking, so it was pretty convenient.

High school was pretty fun. I just wish I could have enjoyed it more instead of having my head so far up my ass....

15. evora

I remember having to do lines for hours, not because I did anything wrong. Our teacher believed in collective punishment and liked to point out whose fault it was and who to beat up for it later...
    But it wasn't during detention. I liked staying after school to do to my homework because I knew if I went home right after classes, I'd never do it.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. caughtbywitness

I am such a good boy. Well, unless I argued diplomatically (yeah, how boring)

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I was pretty loud, disruptive, and barbarous in middle school. I remember one morning I was horsing around with my friends in the band room and I accidentally threw my best friend into a entire set of instruments and ended up breaking a drum kit, a guitar and a couple woodwind instruments and my parents had to pay fees and I was in a shit load of trouble, oh my god. :lol: I think I spent 3 months grounded and when I finally got my first job, my first paycheck went straight to my parents for that incident.

I've mellowed out in high school but I'm still loud and obnoxious. I tend to laugh really loud and crack a lot of jokes, like in my web design class when my friend and I use Microsoft Sam and photobooth when we're done with our work. I've been in detention a few times for my immaturity.

18. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

I got/get in trouble often, but I'm never mean to anybody.

19. DelFelidae

I'm no trouble maker! I laugh in class A LOT, mainly because I'm really ticklish and some guys have figured this out, so, I get tickled in class a lot. :lol: Despite that I'm not purposefully disruptive or anything...I just cheat!

20. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    serious!!! trouble maker alert, in primary school i had a meltdown and got all the other children to go inside for their safety, and i warned teacher is she came any closer i would hit were the cricket bat and she moved closer. at a different primary(private school) i got expelled for breaking the head master's son nose he had it coming though he was the school bully and got away with it because of who his dad was, and i just after a month wasn't putting up with his crap any more.

secondary well i wasn't any better just smarter, the introduction day i got sent home after starting a fight with a year 13(making him 18) when i was a year 7(and me 11). i once got sent home for writing prostitute on the board with a massive arrow and then the teacher stood right next to it. at my school with over 60 teachers i think it was less than ten i didn't throw a chair at. i showed Mr Houston my bum and shouted Houston we found the moon. the worst thing i did at school was probably smoking a joint in the bathrooms i got caught then excluded but i kinda got away with it cause i stank of weed but there was nothing on me. there was then a big assembly in front of the whole school where the head teacher started to complain about drugs and what they can do, then everybody in the school started to chant my name to which the head teacher went mental and just started screaming his lungs of at me.

i never did any homework but that's because i didn't see the point of doing the work twice and ever since i had my IQ tested at age 9 they told me i could pass my gcse's then and that when i think i stopped trying in school i just gave up.

and that's what i can remember probably a more that i'm forgetting about that what i've told, i didn't give to craps about school mainly because i was the school punching bag, a good week was 3 fights or less, 9/10 i didn't start them and 99/100 i lost them. i do regret how i acted in school i wished i had paid attention and got good grades, well better grades i took all my exams high and generally slept through over 60% of the exam, i did the 15 hour IT exam in two hour and 7 minutes then was extremely annoyed that i couldn't leave, i surprisingly i came out with b/c's really and one d but i know if i had studied i could have had A's easily.

the moral of the story is even if you been smarter than you parents before you hit double digits if you don't have the right can do mind set your doomed to fail and not succeed in your education its not about how smart you are, its about how well you apply yourself

p.s the 3 funnest things that happened to me at school in my opinon was 1. one year they sent my parents a letter about lack of attendance being over 60% which was funny because that school year i hadn't a day of sick they were all exclusions i wasn't even allowed to go to school
    2. stop doing your work while i explain it to the class, which used to annoy the hell out of me because if they left me uninterrupted i could generally do a lessons work before they finished explaining it
    3. they twice phoned my mum up on Saturday morning for a detention asking where i am, and my mum told them even i can't get him out bed on Saturday what make you think you can. after the second time they gave up.