1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get my parents to understand

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AParker, May 28, 2013.

1. AParker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I try to tell my parents that I am Bisexual, but they just wont have it. I told my mom and she just shook her head and told me it was a phase, When I told my day he told me the same thing. Im getting so frustrated that I want to cry! Everything is bottled up and when i go to see a therapist they tell me that i should talk to my parents, but how can I talk to them when they wont listen!?:bang: :help: :tears:

2. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Get a girlfriend.They cant ignore that ^^

3. AParker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    LoL I do but they still wont listen, Thanks anyways:slight_smile:

4. Hexagon

Begin a heartfelt tirade about how they have no right to judge the validity of your feelings when they've never seen life through your eyes. Be very direct and assertive, after which you can cry a bit if it feels right. Ask them to justify their own position as well as you defending your sexuality.

5. Rexmond

Take your parents on guilt trip! That's what I'm going to do when I come out to them. :slight_smile:

"... I'm gay. I've known for years and I'm telling you this now because telling you before would have made it complicated, but now I can live without your support. It doesn't matter what you think of me - nothing will change that I am gay, it's not a phase, it's who I am. If you can't agree with that, then nothing is stopping you from making contact me with me or allowing me to be involved in your lives. I'm going to live the life that you two never could, only with a man.

I wish I could have told you earlier, but knowing how you would react and what things were going on - you made it impossible. Even *name censored* knew, and I could tell him anything, which is more I could have done when it came to you two. You can choose to accept me and we move on with our lives as normal, or you can make a big deal out of nothing, losing your son for who I am. The choice is yours!"

I'll probably do it in a letter, but yeah you get the point! Make it known to your parents you are who you are, no matter what they say.

#5 Rexmond, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  6. AParker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

That's actually a really great idea. I should try that. Thanks