1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good point, courtesy of my husband.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, May 28, 2013.

1. justjade

OK, so I told my husband I might be transgender, and he's pretty good with it, actually. However, he did bring up a good point. He said, "I don't think you need to label yourself. Just be you because who you are is amazing."

Fastforward a bit. I went shopping today, and I blew A LOT of money. I bought myself some clothes and a pretty sweet decorative bowl. I also picked up a pair of jeans for my husband and a nice bottle of wine so that we can have a nice romantic evening on my day off. And by a "nice" bottle of wine, I mean I bought it at a liquor store, and it's from Japan.

Fastforward some more. I get home. He's already back from work. I show him all the great stuff I got, and he was a bit surprised. He said, "You bought an awful lot of dresses for being a boy," and I came back with, "You know what? I am what I am, and I don't have to explain myself to anyone!" :grin:

He was a bit surprised and said, "Exactly." And then I told him, "See? I listen to you. I listen because you're the most important thing in the world to me."

I'm not necessarily a guy or a girl. I'm just a person. My persona is an expression of art, which I either use as my actual reason or a rather acceptable cop-out. If I have to give myself a label, I'd say for the sake of saying something that I'm genderfluid, but if you ask me or my husband what I am, we'd both say I'm beautiful. That's what I am. It doesn't matter how I dress or how I present. Gender is a very fuzzy thing anyway. I'm not worried about it. And as such, I will now hug all of you. (*hug*)

2. Hexagon

I'd glad you've found yourself. But remember that while you shouldn't have to label yourself, others will insist on doing so. Make sure you're prepared for that.

3. AlamoCity

All I can say is that y'all are incredibly fortunate to have each other :slight_smile:.

4. Gen

Gen

I'm happy that you are becoming more at peace with yourself.

But, quick question. Do they sell your husband on the west coast or was he custom made, because I have read a few of your posts and he sounds ridiculously awesome? ^_^

5. justjade

LOL! No, actually I found him. Oddly enough, no one was fighting over him, and I'm pretty surprised. Why wasn't anyone fighting over him? He is amazing! He cooks and cleans, and I'm the one who sits around playing video games in my boxers and yells across the house, "Hey, while you're up, can you get me a beer and a sandwich?" It's amazing. I can't even pretend I did anything special to deserve him. I'm just lucky. :love:

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 07:32 PM ----------

He's also incredibly great at putting up with my shit, which is a huge plus because I can be pretty cantankerous.

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 07:34 PM ----------

I'm pretty prepared, I think. I've been asked before by random people on the street if I'm a girl, or if I'm a guy carrying a purse. People do often have to look twice at me. I'm not sure if I'm completely prepared, but it's a process. If I don't know how to deal with it, I'll learn.

6. jargon

That was adorable. You're lucky, beautiful people to have each other :slight_smile: