1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You/Wouldn't You

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by davo-man, Jan 2, 2007.

1. davo-man

On New Years Eve, one of my good friends of 4 years was way drunk...im talking paro off his head stinking drunk...and he as talking to me about the fact that everyone he talks to says that im the nicest guy and that im the best friends hes ever had (most of this was slurred so im not sure how true he was talking) ....anyway he is literally draped across me whispering in my ear and getting extremely close to my face etc...and let me tell you...he is one of the hottest guys in our year level...hasnt had a girlfriend in over a year...and ive seen him naked (his ass is like it was sculpted out of marble by a gay michaelangelo) and the front aint bad either...anyway i kno he's probably straight (although you never know he may just be overcompensating for being bi???)...anyway im getting completely off topic her telling you how smokng hot he is...well would you kiss him or tell him you're gay or wat if he was so drunk that he wouldnt remeber in the morning...let me just stress that ive often fantasised about him and on new years eve he was hugging every 5 mins.....what would you do...ill tell you wat i did after a fe posts by you

Another thing that i think i found out on new years eve is that one of friends (not close but still quite friendly towarrds me) i think is gay and may have a crush on me....i dont dislike him but im just not attracted to him....anyway the reason i say this is that wen my other friend was drunk (look above) he wwas trying to hug him and "support" him the same way i was and that made me think he was gay....i could tell cos he was doing all the things i was doing ie checking out the guys butt...hugging him(i know it sounds like i dont have much of a case for him being gay...but if you knew him and if you were there that night you would syay the same thing trust me)....anyway later im lying in a tent alone with him and i ask him who he likes at school (i know cruel if he is gay but i knew i would be able to pick up his sexuality by his anser) and he says no-one(exactly at i w ould sya) and then semi-jokingly says "you"....i laughed it off but iw as really nervous because although he is nice im just really not atracted to him....anyway thats the second senario..what would you do in them?????

2. ampthejazz

As much as I would want to kiss him or something of the sort, I probably wouldn't do anything, and then kick myself afterward, just because that's the way I am. That is, of course, unless he made a move, then I'd most definitely go with it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    As much as I would like to think that I'd never ever take advantage of a drunk person, I've never really been in that situation so I don't know for sure. I guess I'd probably just do nothing in that situation.

As for your other friend, I personally would investigate it further and then go with it if he did like me...although that's probably just my desperate single guy inside me talking. For you, examine the reasons you don't think he's attractive. Is he just ugly or is there something else hindering your perception? And, if you find you really don't think it could work, just reiterate a couple of times how much your friendship means to you, and maybe how much you'd hate for something to ruin it. This would put you in a situation where you've let him know that you don't want anything more while not outright rejecting him or misleading him about your orientation, while still not saying it.

Preemptive strikes are a great thing...unless they're used to kill people...then it becomes a bit fuzzier.

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    First Scenario - well I have actually been in this sort of situation before and to be honest I didn't do anything. I laughed it off, was my moddest self and generally just tried to get off of me as the topic. OK I kicked myself later, but I didn't want to ruin a good friendship and I wasn't prepared to make the first move. Generally I try to give off a few hints, but sometimes people don't take the bait or well just don't wanna question your sexuality.

As for the Second Situation - Again something i've experienced but afraid of being outed out of annoyance and rejection I think my words were something like "I aint gay". That in itself is wierd because i've been dropping hints for ages and have sometimes just wanted to shout it from the rooftops, but I was scared of coming out. And having no feelings towards this person, I guess this did the right thing and let them know that there was no chance so that they could just move on.

Am interested to know what you did though davo. Don't keep us in the dark for too long aye

5. William1

I definitely would not do or say anything gay in that situation. It could totally ruin ur friendship, and maybe even stuff up ur life if you were closeted. Like what if he gets really mad, and goes about ur school telling everyone what u did/said? So u did the right thing by not doing anything.

Oh, and just one tiny point, Michelangelo is not spelt 'michaelangelo' and he was gay. LOL! Sorry, the Devil made me do it. :grin:

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As of right now and probably for the last ten years or more, I would totally kiss him. Why not? Life is too short.

And quite frankly, seizing the moment can often produce the most insane results--and in that kind of situation, insane can very definitely be a good thing.

In high school, I probably wouldn't have done anything and like everyone else, I would have kicked myself afterwards. I hate that it takes most people years after high school to realise life is too short and that whatever shit that goes down there has only as much bearing on your life as you let it, which is to say it doesn't have to have any.

I dunno... I hate having to turn people down so that would make it kinda hard to address the issue. I would probably tell the person I really liked them but "not that way." Which is lame but at least true. Although I have been known to get involved with people who I wasn't all that into just on the basis of them being into me, which is not something I advise. So maybe I would have done that. It kinda depends how ambivalent your feelings are. Sometimes an imperfect fit is better than no fit.

7. davo-man

Thanx Willie that made me laugh out loud......shows how appreciative of renaissonce art i am (he is from renaissonce(again prob not right spelling))

Anyway just to fill you on what i actually did was pretty stand next to him the whole night just in case he needed me for support....then when he was passed out completely and utterly sit next to him and stroke his hair....after a while me and the other guys started drawing on his face...then his arms...then his feet then his back and chest...fun night...and with the second scenario im not gunna do anything...im not overly close with him anyway so iwouldnt be ruining a good friendship...and if he really had feelings he has to be less subtle (i am really bad at subtlety).....talk to u guys later

8. Micah

Ok. just had my 18th...still a little drunk so excuse me :slight_smile:

Long story short. I made out with a straight guy tonight. It was really cool because we had been in the same class all year. Tho he said he prefers girls still. /cry

hehe. anyway I think I'm going to quit while im ahead...this post is looking a lot better than the other one i tried posting. Anyway sleep is calling for me...and so are the people "sleepinng" in my lounge. night guys xx

9. kevinx519

oh dang. happy belated birthday dave. hope you had a good time at your party. wonder if there were any hot aussie boys there. mmm =)

but back onto topic. i probably wouldnt do anything. i guess thats cuz i havent had my first kiss yet, and im waiting for it to be with someone i actually love. yeah i know, im a romantic.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Dave's birthday is not for a couple of weeks - he's having the party while his parents are away. :wink:

11. Micah

Very true :wink:

The thing with kissing straight guys is, you have to think, "is it really worth it". I mean, on one side you have the ultimate gay guy fetish to kiss the straight boy.

On the other, you have the chance of outing yourself (if you're not already out), intense homophobia and the like. Is a violent reaction from your friend or vicious rumours circulating your school really worth a drunk kiss?

At the end of the day, there's really no different between gay and straight guys except for the ideas/fantasies surrounding them. If I was in your situation I probably wouldn't have kissed him. I mean, why not just get a gay guy?

My straight boy kiss on Friday night was at my 18th (a party were everyone knew a lot of my friends and I are gay) and were everyone was cool with our sexuality. It was more like us talking about sexuality

him: "I mean - I'm pretty open minded. Like it makes no difference to me"

me: "So would you ever kiss a guy?"

him: "maybe...I mean it wouldn't really phase me"

me: *kisses him*

him: *continues the kiss*

so yeah... /shrug

12. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    lol, well that's totally hot!!! I hope all went well at your party then Dave? By any chance did your brothers catch you kissing this straight guy?

13. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Wow, I'm with Jamie on that one, that's so cool! And totally casual...god I wish you had posted that like 2 days ago...we were playing truth or dare on the bus (we were on a class trip to a play at night, so it was dark). Damn! That totally could have been a good truth!

I'm 12. Sorry.

But you're also right, Dave, that there is a huge risk involved in "drunkenly" kissing a straight guy if you're not out. Because, not only will rumors be circulatating about that you're gay, but also that you're the fag who imposes himself on straight guys. That could lead to some really terrible situations. I definitely think you made the right choice in not kissing him. Besides, you'll probably have another opportunity in future if you have any regrets, but you'd never have an opportunity to take back that kiss if you regretted it.

14. tired_of_lying411

Whoa... I'm such a loser.... hahaha I'm so shy.. :icon_redf

15. Jerr

ok so yea my best friend was drunk at a friends house and he pushed me into our friends aunt/uncles (ok it was their house but yea) bedroom and made out with me... i <3 him more thn anyone could poossibly know but what you have 2 do with things like that is... unfortunatly stop them... keep things so you stay a best friend and not a regret... u did the right thing by maken sure he was good thats pretty much all i do when i get drunk is make sure my friends are fine (i have a WAY higher alc tolerence) and make sure they arnt gunnahurt themselves