1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does empty closets have a fb fan page?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by proudtobe, May 29, 2013.

1. proudtobe

I saw a guy selling his LGTB fanpage for something like $300 in a chat room. Got me wondering if empty closets has a fanpage. He had like 6000 fans who supported gay rights.

I would love to join it :slight_smile:

2. BudderMC

Pretty sure we don't have one.

And I'd guess we don't have one (if we don't) because the site values anonymity for people who aren't/can't come out - Facebook goes against that ideal.

Not to mention you could establish offsite contact damn easily through Facebook that way, which is against our Code of Conduct.

3. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    itsn't in the rules that we cant add people on social networking sites off here or ask people from here for there facebook names ,which probably means quiet a few people would be comfortable joining for confidentiality reasons and If they are not out on fb.

4. Rexmond

No, not an official one and we don't need one.

Even though it would be nice for people to support the LGBT community, like BudderMC said, it goes against the anonymity of people who are not yet out. Imagine all the problems that it could cause e.g.

Person A 'likes' Empty Closets. Person A's friends delete him/her and rumour spreads that Person A is part of the LGBT community. Homophobic people, or even family may find out and could make the life of Person A living hell. He or she would have no one but this site to blame, and even though exaggerated it wouldn't be a surprise if Person A contemplated suicide.

5. Commenza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad this page doesn't have a FB page :eusa_clap

6. BornInTexas

They're coming out on their own terms. There are people on here that would rather not join an FB group where their parents might see or someone curious is poking around and they see. Then they'll tell their parents, relatives, friends, and rumors spread. It's a horrible way to come out when you don't plan on anyone seeing.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, because Empty Closets staff talked to attorneys who had different ideas.

8. Candace

It does not for reasons of confidentiality.

9. Femme

Why would anyone buy a fan page on FB? FB pages are free. Unless of course they are selling your information so someone can send you LGBT spam.

You only have 2 posts. Did you create an account to promote this site? Or sell the site?

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If EC had a Facebook fan page, it would render our security features null and void, as anyone could post on it saying "hey, I'm ____ on EC, add me!", or worse, "hey, I'm into younger guys, anyone aged 14-17 add me", etc. We've had a few people join EC and post about wanting to find teenagers for hookups, but because of our security provisions, they weren't able to share offsite contact information in the time it took for us to ban them. An EC Facebook page, no matter how well moderated, wouldn't have nearly the level of security we need here.