1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any of y'all want to eventually get married?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, May 30, 2013.

1. AlamoCity

I've always considered myself as the "marrying kind" (just not with girls) and still hope to one day find the right guy and eventually get married, though I guess I first have to begin dating. Maybe it's because of how I was raised, but I see dating as a way to find a life-long spouse and not just "for fun." It could also be an age/sex issue. I'd like to get y'alls opinions on the matter, especially other guys because it seems that in popular culture, men are usually "dragged" to the altar while women grow up planning their wedding from the time they're 12.

2. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am for everything you said. I plan on getting married once I find the right guy you know. But I'm not like dragging someone to the altar. It's just something I always envision.

3. BornInTexas

I just want to cuddle...

On a serious note, eventually, I see myself getting married. But that ship sails in a LONG time. Like..Idk. I just don't want to get married too fast.

4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to get married, but right now all I want is for someone to love me for who I am and hold me...

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

One day. But that'll come eventually. Eventually settle with a wo/man, depending on state I'm currently living in and if I got my ass down to change my documents, I've got a fifty percent chance of it being legal somewhere. :wink:

6. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not really sure if I want to or I feel I should I guess its somewhere between I kind of feeling from family pressure that I should get married and have kids some how ,but I also kind of love the idea of having a women by my side for life although its rather scary cause I love my independences so much I think if I did Get married she would have to understand for some independence I can't stand really clingy girls

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some day, whenever I'm 30 something. I intend to be a free spirit for a long while, but if I find the right guy to get hitched to, I'd do it.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just for the tax and other benefits. If it wasn't for that I'd be apt to say "screw your self-righteous 'institution of marriage,' I'm just going to live with my (future, theoretical) partner and that's that."

#8 Browncoat, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm not keen on the social construction of marriage and I don't want the government involved with my own union, so probably not. I'm comfortable with the long-term girlfriend thing unless if she feels like we should get married but I'll definitely stand on firm ground opposing it. (Though the thought of being a husband does seem pretty nice.)

Not like anyone would want to marry me, anyway. So I'm not concerned.

10. Hypnotico

Hypnotico Guest

Definitely, I am quite a romantic and I do believe in finding that one right guy and eventually marrying, having 2.5 kids and a white picket fence. :grin:

11. AlamoCity

I understand that marriage is a social construct that many may not agree with because of its historical implications. I personally just take from such institution the values I accept and forget about the rest.

12. Dans le placard

If I meet the right person, yes. That said, I would want it to be a very mutual decision, and I wouldn't necessarily want a massive white wedding.

13. Rexmond

When I turn 18, I plan on spending some time "having fun", but of course I'll keep an eye open for any potential partners. Who knows, I may find one along the way. After about 20, if I haven't already found a partner (gee, what high expectations lol) and I do find the perfect guy, it will probably take no longer than a year for me to propose. Of course, when that time comes I'll be asking all of you for the most awesome way to propose.

14. TSN2012

I think that it's just too much commitment. I've seen so many marriages fall apart and I would rather be free. I don't even want to have kids. And trust me, I'm one of those people who are really into love movies and romantic books.
    It would be nice to find my 'other half' whom I can spend the rest of my life with, but you can never trust people these days. What if all he wants is my money or if he ends up cheating on me? :S I know I'm sounding very negative, but I think i would rather live a free and independent life, and makes up and breaks up with whoever and whenever I (or my future partner) wants.

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OOH, OOH, do this!

[YOUTUBE]5_v7QrIW0zY[/YOUTUBE]

16. Rexmond

Aww, that was so sweet! I have to watch it again. XD

17. yidnah87

Idk, I've never been interested in the idea of getting married. Maybe it's just because I've never had a really serious relationship.

That said, I am a diehard supporter of marriage equality.

18. agonizingnose

I'm married to my computer, so yeah...

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely intending to marry at some point in my future. However, I haven't even had a relationship with a guy, so I've a fair way to go.

20. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! I don't begrudge anyone who wants to stay single or be a serial monogamist, but I want that kind of commitment. I think it partly comes from the fact that I have difficulty imagining there being very many people out there who could be attracted to me. I don't see myself as attractive in the classical sense. If I find someone who is attracted to me both physically and mentally and I attracted to them, I kind of want to hold onto that and never let go. :slight_smile: At the same time, I have always loved working with children and would love to be a dad. There are certain times when I am working with kids where I wonder, "What would it be like to tuck my son/daughter into bed every night? Check under the bed for monsters to reassure him when s/he's afraid? Give them a hug when they're upset?" I really, really want that too. I know I could raise a child in a single parent home, but I really want to have a partner to share the experience with.