1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for lesbians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yellowsun, May 30, 2013.

1. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When you were growing up, did you talk about female celebrities the same way straight girls talk about male celebrities? I am a lesbian and I've always talked about female celebrities even when other girls were talking about male ones. I never understood what it meant and that it is part of me being a lesbian. Now that I am older and know I'm a lesbian, I realize that the way I always(and still do) talk about female celebrities is a part of me being a lesbian. I always got giddy about females, but never knew what it was. Did any other lesbians here experience the same thing?

2. Commenza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had lots of friends who were going crazy over guys. I, on the other hand, never really found any of those male celebrities extremely sexy. To me, some female celebrities seemed a lot hotter, although back then, I didn't really express this in those words.
    I've never been a person who goes crazy over celebrities but some of them are indeed nice. (Nicole Scherzinger for example haha)

3. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    When I was little I always thought the whole celebrity thing was stupid, not so much because I didn't like the idea, but because I hated hearing my friends talk about male celebrities. Despite my stubborn proclamations that I did not understand why people were so obsessed with celebrities, I did nurse a soft spot for a few... like Emma Watson. :icon_redf Not watching TV may have had something to do with my general disinterest in celebrities, which still persists.

4. junglejulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh yes I did! I should have known I was gay the first time I saw Halle Berry in Bond when I was 9.

5. FruitFly

Honestly, where most teenage girls were going giddy over male celebrities I was going giddy over horses. Still do really. Other people obsessively talked about the Hanson brothers, I was going giddy over Milton.

6. samelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, for sure!! When I was first coming out to myself, I was looking back and realized how I always loved Vanessa (Holly Robinson Peete) on Hanging With Mister Cooper. I thought she was SO pretty. There are a couple other female celebrities I realize now that I had crushes on when I was younger as well and just didn't realize what it was and connect it at the time.

7. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Yellow Sun--

I'm not really into celebrities, but I did this exact same thing. I always paid more attention to actresses and was much more drawn to them than men. While my friends were oh-ing and ah-ing over some male actor, like Brad Pitt, I was couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful leading lady.

--Zoe

8. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I didn't really get 'giddy' over anyone. More just appreciative. Nowadays, I may get giddy in my head but not enough to feel the need to express it. I've never been one to voice my attractions, to men or not. :shrug:

9. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The only male famous people I ever fancied literally looked like women (look up Tim Skold, heh). I didn't realise at the time but it gave me an easy escape in a homophobic school environment.

10. evora

I never talked about female celebrities because I knew I wasn't supposed to but they were the ones I've always noticed, not the men.

11. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always acknowledged the fact that some female celebrities are attractive but I've never outwardly expressed having a crush on one, mainly because none of my friends did. They all obsessed over guy celebrities so I just went with that.

12. smartsunny

but here i can fangirl about whoever i want :grin:

13. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I saw Kate winslet in titanic when I was 10 and no
    Boys could ever compare :slight_smile: I didn't express celeb beauty though I didn't want to out myself , it was more my crushes for other girls in my school
    And teachers that made me realise I was gay rather than Celebs other than Kate winslet

14. flymetothemoon

When I was younger, I was a "fangirl" over anyone that other people were a fan girl over, but I never really got it, I guess. It seemed silly to me. Now that I think back on it, I realize that the only celebrities I would have wanted to actually be crazy over were female, and nobody else was doing that so I didn't, which is probably why I thought it was so silly.

15. When I was a kid I loved Belle from Beauty an the beast. All the male characters bored me. I would pretend that I got to live in the castle with Belle and we could read all the books together.

I later talke about female celebrities just like you are saying. Male ones=boring.

I didn't realize I was gay until I was 20 but DUH, I laugh now because in hindsight it seems obvious :lol: