1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonder Mentality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LuckyScrubs, May 31, 2013.

1. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    #1 LuckyScrubs, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it is profound, and I have intuited this for a long time. Thanks for articulating this intuition.

It reminds me of a Jewish saying: He who saves a life saves the world entire.

3. Hefiel

It's an interesting way to look at life. Perhaps I should try it and see where it leads.

4. Hexagon

I had always thought of things this way. I didn't realise there was a name for it.

5. justjade

It's helped me, too. The three most liberating words I've ever heard in my life are "People don't care". When I was being trained to be an insurance agent (which was only for like two weeks before I quit), the guy training me was a psychology student who was getting ready to graduate with his Bachelor's, and he's say that to me all the time to help me sell policies. Never actually sold any though. I thought something was wrong with me, and then I realized that deep down, I hated the job and was only doing it for the money. But now I tell a friend of mine who's very socially anxious like me that he's only going to see most people once, and that it's not a big deal what they think of him.