1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate people sometimes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by surfer 16, May 31, 2013.

1. surfer 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People just annoy me with how ignorant they can be. I was sitting around I my virtual class just being bored, with it being the end of the year and all, everyone was just sitting around doing nothing. So I guess to end the silence this girl decided to start up a conversation with the teacher about what he would do if he had a gay son. Just curious I decided to listen in, and basically the teacher said he would still love his son but that he hated the fact of being gay. This sort of got on my nerves, but it was what the girl said that pissed me off. She ask that she hated gay people, because she couldn't deal with them. Is there something you need to deal with? This usually doesn't get to me I just wanted I vent.

Are there any times you over heard something that's just annoyingly ignorant? What did they say and how did it offend you?

Not trying to upset anyone just want a thread to vent and talk about ignorant people (&&&)

2. Hefiel

My mother is a little bit racist, not too much, but just enough to get on my nerves (she has a lot of prejudices against people). For example, she starts talking about a coworker, and the discussion goes like this "So I was listening to a coworker, she's black, and ... ", what follows is generally negative or stereotyped.

It always pisses me off.

3. smartsunny

my sister is judgemental of EVERYONE!!! it really gets to me and definitely causes strain on our relationship...its completely pointless to try and talk some sense into her:bang:

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met my Brother for a drink after work in a pub that was run by 2 Lesbian Ladies, a few of the people in there were Gay, I bought my drink & sat sown by my brother who had brought his friend along, his friend kept telling Gay Jokes & making the odd Homophobic remark about being worried about going to the rest room (toilet) I sat there cringing, not for me, but the other people in the pub, I felt so embarrassed, being in the closet, limits your reactions! :bang:

5. justjade

My sister likes to use the phrase "white trash" in public a lot, which wouldn't go straight from annoying to terrible if she didn't say it really loud. :bang:

I swear, I cannot take her anywhere. She's always doing things like that, and she needs to shut up. One of these days, she'll say the wrong thing around the wrong people then wake up with her head in a gutter missing all her teeth. She says I'm embarrassing for being weird, but at least my weirdness isn't meant to offend everyone in the immediately vicinity.

6. dannyboy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    dude i totally agree with you. i know people, including my own family members, who know i'm gay and still make stupid ass homophobic jokes. it pisses me off soooo much, like wtf is their problem?!?

7. Amerigo

lol that's my "status" on EC.

8. justjade

Sounds like we're in the exact same situation. My sister is really judgmental, and sometimes I just have the urge to beat it out of her listening to some of the shit that comes spilling out of her mouth. :bang:

9. Hexagon

I hear things about transpeople, trans women in particular, of a nature I'd rather not repeat. And I feel afraid to defend them (in their absence, I'd always defend someone being bullied), because I'm not out as trans. I'm working on it though, maybe next time.

And I hear casual homophobia all the time, when I'm not out as queer. Never happens after I come out though.

10. leice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree. Some of my str8 friends can be very annoying too. They know that I don't get angry easily, but they love to bring up offensive gay jokes or make assumptions.
    It's a bit sad considering how log we know each other.

As someone said before video games/pokemon are much more easier to get than people.

11. evora

My grandparents think different races shouldn't mix, by which they mean Africans/Indians/Romas and me. So of course every time she brings up the subject of marriage and children, I'll tell her how much I'd love to marry a man of colour and have his children. She'll hate that!:badgrin:
    She's already told me a couple of times not to 'taint' my blood when I mentioned it.:eusa_doh:
    It's especially annoying because otherwise she can be a very reasonable person, except when it comes to homosexuality, politics, religion and racism.:icon_sad:

12. Rexmond

I don't mind when friends who know that I'm gay make gay jokes because I know that they don't mean to offend anyone. But it's when it comes to people who do make jokes and are actually homophobic with the intention of offending. It's those people I hate.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So True :slight_smile:

14. The username

There are two times when I hate people
    1) When people are at the gym at the same time as me.
    2) When people are driving, since they don't know how to.

I guess I could hate people for being prejudiced and critical, but hell, that would make me a hypocrite.