1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who was the first to know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smartsunny, May 31, 2013.

1. smartsunny

im not out to anyone and i always consider whom i would tell first...i would love to hear whom u first told

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A Female Friend was the 1st person for me :slight_smile:

3. Hefiel

Parents.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I came out as bi and later trans* on two different occasions- to the same person, my gender queer friend (and ex). My LGBT friends were the first to know anything about my gender/orientation, since I figured the first people I should tell should have some smidgling of an idea about what I was going through.

5. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend and younger sister at the same time during a sleepover. They were both quite accepting, which gave me the motivation to come out to my mom soon after. That didn't go quite as well but she moved on since then and has learned to accept it.

One thing I'd say is the first few times you come out it is extremely awkward, over time it just becomes a sort of non-issue. The other day actually I came out to another friend in such a casual way, I was pleasantly surprised with myself.

Remember to relax and coming out will be so much easier. (&&&)

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On sexual orientation, I first told my best friend, followed by my dad, and then my mom.

I'm questioning my gender identity right now, so I'm not really out to anyone as anything except questioning.

7. smartsunny

thank you very much for the advice (*hug*)

8. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out as trans* to one of my teachers first just to get it out there, but came out to my girlfriend next and she left me... I guess it was for the best though...

9. Hexagon

I came out to my best friend as bisexual when I was 12. I came out to the internet as trans first.

10. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
  11. King

King Guest

I came out to my mother first. Then my father, sister, and brothers. All on different occasions! I wanted to tell my family before anybody else, though I always told myself after I came out to my family I wouldn't need to come out to anybody else. That plan worked, and once I got a boyfriend everybody else found out.

12. smartsunny

you've been sure since you were 12? wow

13. Hexagon

Lol. Not exactly. Well, its complicated. I was sure when I was 12. But other things got in the way. It became important for me to identify as lesbian because to the teenage transguy who hasn't heard of transgender people, that was the closest I thought I could get to being a guy. And then I transitioned, and I was assumed to be straight. I came out as bi again, then as pansexual, but came to the realisation that I might be asexual, but panromantic. Then I started testosterone, and my sex drive increased, and I'm still not sure whether I'm asexual or sexual. So I've given up and I just say queer.

I said it was complicated lol.

14. Foxface

my partner...though she said she had known for a long time

Foxface

15. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I came out as bi to my group of friends in middle school, I was 13.
    Then came out as a lesbian to my best friend first at 16.

Than as trans* to my therapist, followed by my best friend, my girlfriend, my brother, and my mum.

3 coming outs. It's sure been one hell of a time.

16. smartsunny

hehehe...well you're right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it is complicated.. but at least you feel SOMETHING

17. Hexagon

Maybe. Just because my sex drive has increased doesn't mean my sexual attraction has. But it doesn't really matter. I'm limited by the fact that I've never been anyone but me, and I don't know for sure what sexual attraction feels like (blah blah blah). I'm comfortable not knowing for sure.

18. Candace

One of my best friends in this world. He is Greek, pretty attractive, a lady's man, yet I never had any attraction to him whatsoever. He is like a brother to me and I love him so much :tears:. He was going to go to Greece for a while and I wanted to ORIGINALLY have a day where I just bond with him, then at the end of the day come out to him (since by then he'd be in a good mood, happy, etc.). He found that a little weird, and knew something was up. I then (after 4 hours of delay), I sent him a FB message about the truth. This was 1 am, and I went to bed crying....since there was the possibility of me losing of my best friends (whom I really do care about and love). 3:50 am...I get a text...it's him. He tells he got my message and that he could care less if I were gay or not, and that he'd always love me. And then the next day came, and we hung out by going to Five Guys (a hamburger place), and chilling and just talking about this. He's really the greatest friend I could have asked for!! (and yes, I do help him with relationship advice...since he does have a girlfriend hahaha.

19. Fiddledeedee

I came out to my brother first. This is because I knew he would be accepting.

"Brother, what would you think if I was bisexual?"
    "Why should I care? It's not like you will be going out with me!"

Then a couple people at school -- not my best friends, just people for the sake of telling people -- and my PE teacher who taught about LGBT issues, because there was no way her reaction could be bad. Then more people.

Oh goodness yes. The first time, I stood outside the door for several minutes, was shaking as I turned the handle, and could hardly speak to come out to him. But practice really does make perfect -- each time I told someone, it was a bit easier, I could speak a little louder, I controlled my shaking... Telling an acquaintance is comparatively easy to do now and I can drop it into casual conversation, though I do still think for each individual person about whether I'm okay with them knowing. Which is fine. (I expect that telling other family members or more religious friends will still trigger nerves.)

20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A particular guy apparently had a better idea than I did. He sorta ..... removed any doubt I had...

Although the first person I explicitly told was my sister.