1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peta

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Today PETA held up half of Oxford protesting against an animal testing lab. They piss me off so badly, i missed 10 minutes of americas next top model because of all the blocked roads -.-

What do you think of PETA?

Discuss.

2. ethene

Of course, animal rights are nothing in comparison to another stupid reality show.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Well all their doing is holding up the whole city. The Oxford Animal Research lab has been blockaded so they can't break in. Their terroists. They've tried to burn down the building before.

There is no point to it. Oxford university isn't going to just stop researching because a few vegans are getting pissy. So yes, my reallity TV show is much more important than their vain little pathetic efforts.

4. Zak

Zak

Ty, I love ANTM(wait they ahve it in England, its america) anywayz, i also am kinda an animal lover! I dont like them getting hurt! They protesters, not terrorists!! Although, trying to burn down the building is Illegal....so, sure, i guess ANTM is more important!! Im with ya Ty on this one!

5. Ty

Ty Guest

After some research -

YAY :grin:

Full article here.

6. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like what PETA does but with billions living below the poverty level and things like AIDS and cancer still killing so so many people that they could direct their energy and money toward better causes because it seems to me like they are putting animals before humans but then who fights for animals.. so idk. They do good work though

7. Ty

Ty Guest

I wholeheartdly dislike PETA because of the amount of propaganda they spew. They tried to convince people that drinking milk will give you breast cancer =/

I agree though. We should sort out people shit before animals.

8. Connor

Connor Guest

Abusing your right to protest by blocking a road is illegal and very annoying. I'm so happy they're possibly getting jailed for it. :grin:

9. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Some of them are kinda stupid and fanatical (then again, what group doesn't have those people) and they're the ones who do the hardcore bullshit, which is silly. There are level headed folks who are against animal cruelty... but some of the other people are just, infuriating and give a bad name to the entire group. /[end stupid rant thing that went nowhere]

Also, I'm watching ANTM right nowwww!!!! I love it.

10. total mo

total mo Guest

So you're saying they should get the hell out of the way so you can drive home to watch AMNT? So you watching that stupid show, which can be bought later on dvd anways is more important than those people's protest?

#10 total mo, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  11. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    wow, he is saying they can protest but shouldn't stop people from going about their business because not everyone agrees with them. They can protest but shouldn't get in others way but not bug people who don't see eye to eye with them. So please back off because not everyone agrees with PETA and shouldn't be inconvenienced by their views. People have different priorities, deal with it

12. ethene

I bet there are some people that once didn't get to work/school on time because a gay parade was holding up the city. And I'm certain that some of them were inconvenienced by the protesters' views.

What about that?

13. JSG

JSG Guest

I dunno, I love my dog way to much to speak against PETA, I love animals.

14. Connor

Connor Guest

Annoying, they should hold their gay parade in a way that doesn't disrupt others.

15. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They are allowed to be mad because they were inconvenienced by other's views when they don't share them. I think pride parades are great but others may not and we should respect that

16. Ty

Ty Guest

Gay priders don't burn down buildings :slight_smile: And they are usually held on weekends so that crushes the school arguement. And unlike PETA and SPEAK, we actually get permission from the town before we start up parades or protests. not just cripple half of the city's roads because of a monkey.

EDIT - and for the record, Oxford pride is held on a massive field, so its not interupting any roads atall :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

My opinion is that I rather worry over animals rights and save them I really don't give a dam about dying people. People are humans so they can help themselves we are the ones who are causing ....problems for these animals which are innocent and defenseless. I am 100% with PETA if they have to burn down a whole building to prove a point then so be it and if they decide to move on let them burn down 100 more until the message is sent. Animals are kind caring loving creatures that just want affection, those who are mal-beaved it's because of how we treat them. That is my opinion if humans could build a great pyramid with no modern technology then surely they can help themselves out from poverty it's just that they don't have the will power. .....I'm sure I will get a lot of negative feedback for this but it's my opinion that I strongly believe in.

18. ethene

Not all gay prides take place in Oxford, not all gay prides are held on 'massive fields', and not all of them are held on weekends.

19. Ty

Ty Guest

Never said they did? Thats besides the point anyways. Atleast their carried out in a civilised manner.

20. Connor

Connor Guest

What's your point anyway? No one said that gay parades shouldn't have to keep orderly.