1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's in a date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BornInTexas, May 31, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

Well, it's 2 AM, and I've got nothing else to do other than worry or think about random things. This occurred to me not like five minutes ago. What's in a date? How do you do a date? What's a perfect date?

Most people I know usually just text and hang out in parties... but what if you want a private day all to you and your date, like me? (I'm not going on a date, just setting up random scenarios and asking questions.)

What would you even do? I'm not a very creative person, and I'd probably freak out beforehand. I don't even know what a date would be like, seeing as I've never been on one. How do you make it fun for the persons in the date? What if it's a date where you only got their number the day before, but you never got to know them well?

How does it end?

Please excuse my mumboramble. Hopefully, it was readable.

2. LD579

A date is all about getting to know the other person as well as having a good time. It really depends... Talking and lounging at a coffee shop is fine for some people. Others like more adventurous things, like outdoor activities (Biking, for example).

I can suggest some things... Just walking and sight-seeing at a park can be nice. Looking up at clouds together, stargazing, talking while you do so... Cooking together can be fun. Biking somewhere may be nice. Window-shopping, or actual shopping, is an option, perhaps.

It really depends on you and the other person. Dinner and a movie is a standard, typical date, but the movie doesn't leave much room for talking (Unless it's at home or something).