1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being single

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Hexagon

Is there anyone who is comfortable being single?
    Anyone who prefers it?
    Or do you feel as if too much is missing from your life?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like it, I need a Man in my life, I need to be Held & Hugged, I need some Male Contact & most of all I want to be Loved & to be able to Love back :frowning2:

3. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't know the difference really cause the relationships I have had felt superficial or just plain forced but I think it would be nice to actually have someone :frowning2:...

4. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am not happy. The reason im single is because im not out! I cant cos now my parents are expecting a girlfriend from me. I hope soon i can have a bf

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I've been single all my life so I can't compare the two. It's alright being single but having someone to care about does sound nice.

6. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Comfortable? Not really. That said, it has been a while since my last relationship--and I mean a whiiiiiilllllle, so I've adapted. Would I want to be single no longer? Sure! Am I going through the doom and gloom emotions of being single? Nah.

7. timo

I'm single, never been in a relationship so I have nothing to compare it with but I'm not actively looking to change my single status. In a way I like being single, it's fine like this and I don't feel like something's missing from my life.

8. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    This.THIS exactly this..

I need a man to look in his eyes,to know that he will do anything for me,that he is interested in me,that he cares about me,to cuddle with him to kiss him..to let him know my life and let him be in my life..Aah i hate being single seriously..i cant take it..

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup, I'm pretty comfortable with being single right now.

10. smartsunny

unfortunately when im in a relationship for a while its great then i suffocate then im single and the same thing happens....stupid cycle:bang:

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've been single for just about a year. Last gf was my first, and we were friends. Whole relationship was basically the same as it'd been when merely friends, only with a slightly larger percentage of kissing (and all closed mouth.)

I'd like to get back into the dating field again, although I'm still in the transguy closet (for the most part. I'm actually talking to a girl I met online who knows I'm a trans* guy and doesn't seem to mind.) and I doubt dating's the best idea if I have to present as a woman.

For the most part, I suppose I'm comfortable being single. Certainly not overly found of it, but I think much of that has to do with the fact I don't get out often enough (homeschooled and kind of isolated), so it's more so that I need friends and to have a social life.

Would love having someone who loved me, completed me, etc. But I suppose that'll come eventually...

12. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I like being single. No unnecessary drama of arguments and breaking up. No unnecessary distractions from studying. No babysitting my partner's feelings; I can focus in my own. :thumbsup:

13. Lewis

About a year ago I'd have said I love being single, but right now...I just want somebody there. I'm so depressed about the way I look lately, so I doubt things will change any time soon.

14. I loved being single. I still sometimes miss the freedom, the productivity, the creativity that I felt when I had no one to worry about buy myself. I loved that i could edit all my plans at the last minute, be spontaneous, not worry if i didnt make it home. i didnt have to let anyone know where I was or what I was doing. I could turn off mu phone and run away with my friends. i had a lot of great friendships because i had time for them.

When I was single I would only have given all that up for someone really really special. (And that's what happened)

Being single is a state that isn't inherently better or worse than being in a relationship. If it feels like that, then try doing more stuff you love and moving forward in your life and spending time with people you care about and really getting to know and love yourself.
    It's worth it and also ends up making you more attractive to people.

15. Lakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am tired of being single. I live in the middle of nowhere Montana, in a very small town. I have plans in the works to move to some place with more people, more opportunity's to meet him. I am a solo traveler, I see and meet so many cool people the world over, I would like to have someone to share this with, and maybe not be a solo traveler anymore.

#1 advantage of being single? You do not have to share the bacon. True story.

Lakota

16. J1917

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not very good at being single because I get lonely easily. I had a boyfriend about 2 years ago but it ended badly and just made me want to be held more because I had gotten used to having someone there. I feel lonely and alone/lost a lot of the time and I wish that knowing someone truly cared about me and loved me would help but I really don't know if it would. So, I'm not so good at being single.

17. Hexagon

I quite like it. I wouldn't say no to a relationship, though, if I found someone I cared about.

18. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can HANDLE being single. That doesn't mean I like it though. I enjoy the freedoms, but I crave having someone to hold me...

19. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Il second this i want a girlfriend but I couldn't deal with a clingy Gf I love my independence but I'm fed up with being lonely

20. castle walls

I'm the same way. I was never one of those "I hate being single" people. There are benefits to being single and there are different benefits to being in a relationship. I think it is best to enjoy the benefits of the state (single or in a relationship) that you're in