1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many male/female bi's?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martjain, Jun 2, 2013.

?

Are you a Male or Female bisexual?

1. Male

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Female

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Other: Agender, Genderfluid, etc

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Martjain

Sooooo, there's the commmon (mis?)conception that: It is much more common for women than for men to be bi.
    So vote on the poll which are you and lets see if it's true or not.
    Of course, bisexual trans men vote as men and bisexual trans women vote as women.
    Also, it doesn't matter if you are Kinsey 1 or Kinsey 5.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm pretty sure the membership on this site has far more men than women, so keep in mind that that's going to skew your results.

3. Martjain

Yes thanks Owen, I've taken that into account, but this is the only tool available at the moment I can use, soooo, better than nothing right?

4. yidnah87

Kinsey 2. Bi guys represent!

5. Fiddledeedee

Voted. C'mon, gals, we can do this!

The ideal poll for this would be:

* I am a guy and I am bi.
    * I am a guy and I am not bi.
    * I am neither guy nor girl and I am bi.
    * I am neither guy nor girl and I am not bi.
    * I am a girl and I am bi.
    * I am a girl and I am not bi.

That way, you can find the ratios of bi men to other men, and bi women to other women, and other bi folks to other other folks. This is not dependent on the overall number of guys, girls, and others (though the more voters there are the more accurate it will be). If women have the lowest ratio, then bisexuality is most common among women.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^Curse you and your superior scientific data-gathering! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

With that said, bi guys are awesome hehe.

7. MixedNutz

Idk the test says I'm a Kinsey 4

I feel I'm a 5

I've been with both men and women before but now can only be emotionally attached to a woman not sexually. So I'm not truly Bi, but not totally gay

8. Martjain

True, but It's too late, also, I don't think non-bi ppl would be interested in the thread.

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2013 at 03:13 PM ----------

Also I agree with RSwordsman, Curse you and your superior data gathering knowledge!

9. Hexagon

I'm a 3, I guess. Or maybe X. 3X?

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I answered other, because I still have no idea what the fuck my gender is. I think it's in the genderqueer constellation though, and I'm heavily feminine. :dry:

And I am multisexual.

11. BudderMC

That's because statistically more women are some degree of "bisexual" (i.e. not identifying as Kinsey 1 or 6) than men are.

Women (straight or otherwise) are typically more sexually fluid than men are.

12. Hun

Hun

Kinsey 4 male here!

13. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I answered "other." I'm still not entirely sure where I sit in regards to gender, but I'm leaning toward genderfluid. I can feel attracted to someone regardless of gender, but the type and degree of attraction I feel varies.

14. Foxface

Middle Kinsey guy here

Foxface

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure I agree with this.

16. Hexagon

It could be that women are just more willing to admit to it. Its more socially difficult to confess to even the slightest amount of same sex attraction as a man than as a woman. Stupid, though.

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, yes, and this is getting to the heart of my complaint: the common idea that men have to be one or the other, and women are allowed to be seen as fluid, complex, and balanced. Imagine being biracial, say, black and white, and feeling like your identity doesn't exist, and that you have to identify as either black or white (sadly, many do face this dilemma in the US).

Women can hold hands, kiss, sleep in the same beds, and even have sex with one another and society wouldn't bat an eye, but if a man simply compliments another using the wrong words, it can draw serious suspicions.

He might not have meant to offend, simply saw himself as stating the facts, but it's hard not to feel a little annoyed when you're constantly being reminded of something, especially when you're an exception to that rule.

Though, I do like the fact that my same-sex attractions are taken seriously, as least when compared to bisexual women and lesbians.

18. BudderMC

Just to clarify, I was stating stats I learned from studies in my human sexuality class last year. These are real studies performed by real psychologists, and the data I heard of said that (on average, of course) ~5% of men identified as gay and ~3% of men identified as bi, whereas it was ~3 and ~5% respectively for women.

In terms of women typically being more sexually fluid, yes, it's more-or-less an assumption. The idea they were talking about was erotic plasticity (read up on the term if you're interested), and typically women are more erotically plastic than men. This is why many of the studies done that compare homosexuals and heterosexuals are done on men, because it's typically far easier to get an accurate read with men than with women. Apparently it's a legitimate "thing" where women aren't aware whether or not they're sexually aroused, but it's obviously more obvious if you're a man.

Anyways, the key term in all of that is "typically". Yeah, it doesn't apply to everyone, and yeah, it sucks to be the exception. But it's not like this is a stereotype based off of some false, misconstrued information... this is more-or-less fact. The only reason I'd argue it isn't a hard fact is because it's a rather qualitative observation and one laden with various representation biases.

As for being biracial, I'm both Asian and European, but I don't feel like my identity doesn't exist. If anything, I feel pretty cool because I'm the only person (besides my brother) who I know who shares the same nationality combination as I do. Perhaps it's an issue of how you look at it. (I'm also not living in the US, though)

tl;dr no offense meant, at all.