1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go to a club alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Sam

Sam

Would you go to a club alone? The idea of going alone kind of scares me. I want to go to this gay club I heard about but I don't want to go alone and I don't have anybody who would be willing to go with me that is old enough. Should I go? What do you think, is it too dangerous? Have you gone or would you go to a club alone?

2. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I think it would be best if you go with someone for the first time and once you get used to it to you can go alone. I would be hella scared/nervous of going to a club alone too. Never know what to expect. My suggestions don't drink too much (if you do) and don't go home with anybody. But I hope you have fun.

3. Tim

Tim

I don't think I'd ever go to a club alone, Just because of A. Nerves, and B. It's quite dangerous in this time >_<

4. Sam

Sam

ya I know its just I really don't have any gay friends and the one friend (who's straight) and willing to go is 20 yrs old and I think you have to be 21 to enter this club.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really at a loss as to why everyone thinks clubs are so incredibly dangerous. I mean sure, you have to take some basic precautions but it's not like you are generally putting your life at risk if you go out to have a good time.

It is pretty daunting to go on your own, though. It can be done, though. It just might be better if you waited until your straight friend is 21. Which I know could be up to a year, which sucks.

Other than that, try to make some new friends who are gay? Or more straight friends who are willing to go with you?

6. Zec24

You could go alone, but it's definitely better if you can go with friends. I've gone to a few gay clubs lately and I find that most of the time girls come in groups and tend to hang out and talk in those groups. If you're an outsider it's hard to break in. However, don't let that discourage you, it just means you might have to try harder.

7. Louise

Going to any club straight or gay is nowhere near as much fun on your own. I think as a general rule, if you go anywhere where you don't know anyone you should go in a group. Like Joeyconnick says can't you wait untill your friend is 21, you will have so much more fun and feel much more at ease.

8. jazzrawr

well, i would go alone probably but its always better to go with a friend....
    especially for your first time. it sucks that you have to be 21 in the states...its only 19 in canada, woot! :slight_smile:
    canada just generally rocks...lol!

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There you go... just take your friend to a gay bar in Canada! We're tons of fun!

10. i'd go with someone. but i am paraniod, so go alone if you want.

11. panda

Some people think that when a woman goes to bar alone they want to get picked up.

12. Sam

Sam

Maybe I do Panda lol j/k but I am looking.

13. RENThead

i wouldnt go by myself.. but im a little terrorfied of being alone..

i dont drink, so i want to go out with people who arent going to get wasted.. (because i dont wanna be the one who has to take care of them and bring them home...

14. Kat22

I guess going alone would depend on how well you relate to new people and situations. If you can make friends with anyone and everyone when you enter a room, I would say totally go for it, but if you are a little more reserved or shy, I would say find someone to go with you. If you do go alone, though, I would definately say one thing: STAY SOBER. The most dangerous thing you can do at a club is be drunk and alone. :-S

Good luck with it!

15. Antonio252

I prefer to go by myself because I hated when you go with someone and the want to go home before you do

16. theaterfreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i think it's better when you go with someone else. or at least let another person know where you are and ask them if you can call them in case something happens. but i prefer going w. somebody it is safer.

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Go! Have a good time! Just make sure you don't drink too much. It's REALLY easy to start downing the drinks just because there'll be longer periods when nothing much is going on.

Go. Mingle. Find the other solos - and there WILL be some. Strike up a conversation with one. They'll be flattered and relieved that you did. :slight_smile:

Lex

18. JSG

JSG Guest

The first time I went to gay bar I was 17 and I went alone, I've been alone a few times mainly because I don't really have anybody go with and if I do bring a friend, I don't want to leave him or her if I find a guy I like.
    And yeah like Lex said, you won't be the only one alone :slight_smile:

19. sexyalex

I personally would NOT go to a bar alone....but i see nothing wrong with it if ur a responsible person.
    I love drinking....like LOVE and once i have one, i got to have more and i tend to get out of control. However, i have lernt to hold my drinks by now (drinking from i was 8) so i don't easily get drunk as before. however, if ur a light headed person...going to a bar alone is not reccomendable.

20. Poring

I think Kat22 has the perfect advice, go with a group, or a buddy unless you can handle yourself alone and can make friends easily :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But like what Lex the friendly gremlin said, I'm sure there'll also be people who are just by themselves there looking for new people to meet.