1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra Wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fan of Tessen, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This will be my first post here on EC, I hope it's in the right category. You can consider this to be a rant cause it was something that happened last year. Now I don't want to use any names so for the sake of the story I'll just use fake names.

Ok so me and my friend "Tanya" have a birthday in the same month in fact Tanya's b-day is two days before mine. She had come up with the idea that me and her should celebrate our birthdays together with some friends on the weekend after mine. I thought it was a great idea, like killing two birds with one stone. So we invited "Jasmine" and her boyfriend "Adam", also "Adam" decided to invite his friend "Chad" which was fine with me... the more the merrier... or so I thought...

Everything started off cool... we had lunch and then walked around to some stores. But as the day went on I started to notice that Chad seemed a little bit more friendlier towards Tanya. It was getting more and more obvious that Chad was developing a thing for Tanya. I thought it was kinda cute at first... till I started to realize that what was supposed to be OUR day was starting to be more about Tanya's day.

Even though I was hanging out with all my friends I couldn't help but feel so alone and sooo neglected. Jasmine had Adam and Tanya with Chad it was obvious that I was the extra wheel, and none of them even noticed. All that was missing was for them to engage in a make out session while I stand there staring awkwardly at the sky... (thankfully that part didn't happen)

In the end I'm happy for Tanya and Chad, but after that day I haven't hung out with my friends cause I don't want to go through that awkwardness of me being the extra wheel.

So my fellow EC people have you ever been the extra wheel?
    How did you feel about it?
    Has your single status ever interfered with hanging out with your couple friends?

2. Awkward Balloon

Well my best friend, I'll call him Cian had a girlfriend called Sarah for three months. During this time they were basically inseparable. So in order for me to hang out with him, I had to hang out with both of them. They were all over each other, until after a few days of experiencing it (I'm not very patient) I just told them to stop and said it was annoying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It didn't really work so when ever they started flirting or making out I'd distract Sarah by talking about really hot guys with her, and that ended up making Cian the third wheel for a while. It was very funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha

3. RebelD

My friends always tried not to make things uncomfortable for me, but this eventually led to them spending less time with me. Which is okay, I guess. Less awkward moments.

4. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha ha using guys as a distraction... I should try that! It'd be easy for me since 90% of my friends are female.

5. Candace

A lot of times! Usually when it's with two of my best friends. But I always manage to spend an equal amount of time with them. No one gets hurt in the end.

6. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am seriously like THE third wheel.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual