1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointless violence

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Awkward Balloon, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Awkward Balloon

I just really need to rant about this, so I figured I could find a way to make it into a thread.
    Friday night I was at a teen disco, and when there was only 15 minutes remaining I got punched in the face by a random guy. I had never encountered this lad before, yet he felt the need to hurt me for some unknown reason.
    This punch resulted in the displacement of my front tooth, much much bleeding, the police being called and my possible requirement of braces.
    After causing me this much stress, the guy was allowed home when his parent arrived to collect him after he assaulted me. He has not had any punishment, besides being aggressively tackled to the ground and smashed off a police car after he tried to escape.

This pointless act of violence has had a major impact on my life, and it was of no fault of my own.. Has anyone else out there ever experienced the same thing?

2. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Yes, I've been hurt many times in my life, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry that you had to go through that, and it's even more annoying when you feel like no real action has been taken to ensure it won't happen again.

why are your parents not pushing for criminal charges, or at least a Child Protective Services report against him? Clearly he's got an anger problem, and most of the time those sorts of issues stem from dysfunction in the household.

4. Candace

I'm so sorry to hear that! :frowning2: I would have clobbered that s-n of a b----h if he did that to me. Hopefully karma will get him soon!

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I´m sorry to hear that.

My boyfriend was beaten up very badly and we don´t know who did it and why, so I am left very angry because of the lack of justice. I feel you. You just want that guy to pay for his act in some way.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
    (*hug*)

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Wow how awful, I hope you are feeling better and are able to get all your teeth fixed. And I hope you get over any emotional pains or fears you have right now, I know after being a victim of a crime you probably will feel a sense of vulnerability and weakness.

But what kind of place are you living in that the thug who did this to you is not even going to be punished? Shouldn't he have been arrested and charged with assault?

7. KnownSecret

Wow, that just sounds absolutely horrible. I would have been very angry and I feel sorry that you had to go through something like this.. I hope nothing drastic is needed to fix your teeth, and I truly hope that guy gets the karma that's coming for him! I hate when people get off with no issues on something that is usually punished more drastically, I remember in middle school this kid punched me in the face, and when I was in the office the principle told me he only got detention. That really made me angry because usually when you punch someone in the face at school you get suspended.

Hopefully you have an easy recovery!
    (&&&)

#7 KnownSecret, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  8. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    now im not saying he punched you because your gay, but it seems likley given the rash of gay beatings going around im so sick of hearing every other day that another gay person was beat up,its breaking my heart. New york has had 30 gay bashings for the year so far and one was a murder 10 accured last month, leaving the rest to be about 5 beatings a month this is just sick and wrong!

9. Awkward Balloon

This thread really wasn't intended for sympathy, but thanks all anyway!
    I saw another dentist who told me that my teeth should be fine, although I will need root canal treatment on one which will cost 450euro, possibly 1050euro if it's more serious that he though :dry:

My parents have considered pressing charges, but firstly the guy is too young (only 15) for anything serious to happen to him. It would also make me a target again because we discovered this guy is from some poor family and if we sued he'd have less than nothing. More beating would happen and I really don't think my teeth are able for another hit :lol:

I do have some relatives that are.. well in with the street people to say the least. I've asked and a few of them know people who can do jobs for a small sum of money. My parents don't like the idea but personally I think the little sh*t deserves a beating considering he hit four others before me!

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Your parents are right. You're angry and aren't thinking about it reasonably. Beating him won't do anything. Punishment never works. Given that he comes from a poor family, he might have big problems at home that have led him to these behaviours. For God's sake, if his family can't pay, if the police won't take him, leave it be.