1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like your "own" type in your own gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tightrope, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had it happen and it's kind of intriguing and confusing at the same time. But a lot of people who sort of look alike often run around as friends. For me, the personality would have to be factored in on this one.

Do you like the guy or girl who looks an awful lot like you and hits on you, or is that too weird? Or do you like a very opposite type?

2. BornInTexas

Opposite.

I have a twin. If someone who looked like me hit on me, it would be a so weird. A person who looks like me looks like my twin, and my brain would see that person as my twin. Incredibly awkward scenario running through my head. LOL!

3. Candace

I don't know, but I would feel it'd get annoying after some time since the person is exactly like you. I like a little bit of contrast , hahaha.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I'm a bear, and I like twinks. I looove twinks. I really loooooooooooooooooove twinks. Mmm, mmm, good.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Eh, well I try to make myself look like what I find attractive, so I guess in a roundabout way, yes.

I also love twinks, but I thus try to make myself look like a twink.

6. Dins3label

It really depends... Personality wise I like a masculine guy. I wouldn't say I'm particularly feminine. In addition, I like to be on the same intellectual level as the other person. I do think opposites attract in some ways. For instance, I am very outgoing, and I'd want someone to be a little more reserved. We would work out a nice balance that way!

7. Beware Of You

No I am somewhere between a twinky and an otter (I am very slim and tall) but I couldn't do another guy like me.

I am into bears...

8. GayJay

Urgh I couldn't date someone like me
    Well I find myself to be really unattractive and don't know why somone would want to be with me so to date someone who looks like me would be totally awkward and horrible
    I do like the same personality though, we pretty the same cause then were more likely to have things in common and get along better. I do like then to be a little less mature and blah blah, just so I cam sort of take control and be the dominant one

9. yidnah87

This.

I tend to come off as masculine due to my 'bear' status and my interest in sports. I tend to like guys that are more feminine.

10. Hexagon

I guess I don't mind. I like lots of people.

11. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a tricky question. As long as they didn't have a really strong resemblance to me, I think it would be pretty cool. :slight_smile: Kinda like dating someone with the same name as you.

12. FruitFly

There are not many things that make me place someone in the category of Never, but looking like we could be related is definitely one of them.

Structurally similar? I can dig that; I'm pretty average when it comes to structure so if someone is generally built in such a way that we look superficially similar that's not an issue. However I tend to become uncomfortable when someone whose features are similar to my own does anything remotely flirty, and if they look very similar to me then I'm automatically reminded of the fact that all of my cousins and my sister look remarkably like me and they get put into the "please don't, we could be related" box.

As for other things I'm easy. If they like flowery dresses and glitter as much as I at least they won't complain about glitter in the carpet, or on their clothes, or their hair ... glitter gets everywhere.

#12 FruitFly, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  13. I'm somewhere between femme and tomboy, and I really like women who are at least a little more feminine than I am. I wouldn't want someone to be too much like myself (How boring would that be?), but some similarities are good, like a similar intelligence level and sense of humor.

14. Allecto

I'm femme and prefer femmes for the most part. Masculinity kinda grosses me out.

15. Hun

Hun

I prefer girly guys. I'm more of a nerdy guy myself, though.

16. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It really depends, but most of the time im attracted to guys who look differebt from me

17. wayne1983

Deffo like me, thats why i try to be who i like. I wouldnt say im girly has in over camp (no disrespect but over the top camp people arent for me), but i do have some girly interests and have some girly manorisms.

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care about the outer package much. I'm far more attracted to what's inside. And I've generally found myself most attracted to guys who are more similar to me in that regard than different. If we click on that level, it tends not to matter what he looks like. I have mild preferences in that regard, but that's it. I'd much rather have a guy who isn't my physical "type" but whom I click with, than my ideal physical type whom I couldn't relate to.

Lex

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Interesting comments. I will have to say that I really like the same height and body type but when the faces look an awful lot alike, it's a little odd. I once was sitting in a shopping center, and the friend I was with went into a store. A guy nervously kept circling me and making eye contact, and he looked a lot like me, including facially. I didn't know how to react. Then my friend finished what he had to do and came back. That solved that issue.

20. Martjain

Um, physically, yeah, I could date a guy who looks like me, not that I'm beautiful haha, but I'm average (not twink, not bear, not muscular) so I'm kinda my type.
    Personality-wise, YES, I'd love to date someone like me hehe.