1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question to all the bisexuals out there...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WanderingGhost, Jun 3, 2013.

1. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you ever want to get married? I'm just not sure... Do you want to get married to a man or a woman? Do you plan on having kids? Being bi is such a hassle when it comes to things like this...

2. LailaForbidden

Yes. I could get married to any gender and be happy. However, when I imagine a spouse, I envision a woman. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to think about having a wife. As for kids, I'm not sure. I know that if I have one, I want to adopt.

3. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh I'm kinda skeptical that I'm the marrying type.

Maybe I'll meet someone that changes my mind though. I could see how that would be possible.

4. Foxface

been married over ten years. Do not want kids...ever

Foxface

5. yidnah87

Though a diehard supporter of marriage equality, I'm not really interested in getting married myself. I'm also not interested in having kids, as that's a responsibility that I'm not willing to take on. And of course being bisexual, I'm open to a long term relationship with a man or a woman.

6. FruitFly

I wouldn't say I want to get married, but it is something that if I were in a long-term committed relationship I'd gravitate towards because I like the whole idea of making a formal commitment to someone you have informally already committed to. The finality of it means I'm not exactly gagging for it, but if a suitable situation arose I'd probably be rather amused keen. I do view marriage as the final deal, it's the big wax seal on a relationship that requires serious, irreconcilable issues to break.

If anything ever gets to that stage I'll marry whoever has made it through a 5 year relationship and where a mutual interest remains in being committed to each other regardless of their gender. It's not really a hassle for me; I'll marry the person where the finality of marriage does not cause me to run away screaming. Even when I try and think about a hypothetical marriage situation I do not see myself with a man or a woman, the hypothetical person is just an indistinguishable blur; the only difference would be the amount of family members who'd attend the wedding/acknowledge the marriage as valid.

I plan on having (adopted) children, yes. However I plan on having them if I'm single and in a position to offer a stable home/living environment. I have no qualms about adopting as a single, especially given the number of children who need a stable single parent home due to various experiences in their lives. I'd take children over marriage/a romantic relationship any day of the week.

7. Hun

Hun

I do plan on getting married. I don't know if I'll marry a man or a woman, but as long as I am truly in love with them, I'll be happy. I'm still thinking about children though. On one hand, it would be so wonderful to have a beautiful child of my own, but on the other, children are massively expensive. I might or I might not be able to support a child. I'll just wait and see.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if I want to get married either. First off, I couldn't consider it unless everybody could get married in my state. Second, I just don't think I'm at the stage of life where it's reasonable to consider marriage. I want to explore during my 20s, not rush into commitment.

Syster Adrian

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The idea of marriage, kids, 9-5 job, and white picket fence never did appeal to me. Again, it's not impossible, I just have no interest in committing at this moment in time, or in the near future.

I'm a bit of a free spirit and am just getting a taste of that freedom.

I seem to be one of the few people my age who isn't already married and/or with kids! I'm not sure if it's an ethnic thing or has more to do with class (we're considered somewhere between working and middle but mingle with lower classes). My town, and especially this part of town, has a reputation for being conservative, rustic...

10. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to be married for sure, doesn't matter what gender though. And a definite yes to kids too

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Eventually. Don't know about the kids but if all goes well, I'll be at the altar with someone. I mean, depending on where I live, I've got about a 50% chance of it potentially being something I'll have to wonder whether it's legal ot not.

Easier to imagine having a wife, oddly enough.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No marriage. No kids. In the past, I considered it and had some options. I didn't know if I could be fully faithful to a woman, so I didn't want to be involved in that institution.

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell, if Michigan had legal gay marriage, my BF and I would have probably gone down to the courthouse on his 18th birthday (his is two weeks after mine) and gotten married. I'm thinking he's the one, and we just found out this morning that they finally accepted him to the college I'm headed to. WE MIGHT BE MOVING IN TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I haven't spent countless hours working for the cause to not get married.

14. Martjain

Marriage, sure! If the right man/woman comes along!
    Kids, ooh, that's a delicate subject, uuuumm, we'll see if I'm ready and if I want when the time comes.
    Although when I think of being married, my mind always asks me this awful question:
    "But, like, you're not gonna get P***y/d**k again, how you're gonna do it?"

15. soc2cergir3l

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't c myself getting married but if Im in a committed, long-term relationship maybe then but probably not in a long time...but probably not kids(outta the womb), maybe adoption

16. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not thinking about getting married but if I am with the same person for five years, I will marry them, regardless of gender. The only thing that would change is who is proposing and hopefully Ohio will have same sex marriage if I end up marrying a girl.