1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving EC.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Stridenttube, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Well guys it's been real. Although I've had a lot of support, I'm leaving because I feel EC is very hostile towards religion and people who happen to be Christian or whatever else religion one might belong to. I don't need that right now so I'm leaving. I wish you all the best!

2. AlamoCity

I really wish you didn't feel that way. I think that many people here may have a bad taste for religion because of the way their particular denomination made them feel for what gender or sex they love. I may hold beliefs that may be incongruent with yours, but it's not my intention to make you feel ostracized. And I am sure I speak for most here that whether or not you believe in God, we won't judge you for that aspect of your life. I apologize for anyone who left comments that made you feel this community was hostile towards Christians/religious folks.

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it is the internet. As far as that goes EC has been pretty good about religious tolerance from what I've seen.

4. BornInTexas

I hope to see that you might reconsider your leaving or not. I hope that in no way I may have shown any hostility towards your personal beliefs regarding religion. I did not want to offend you in that way, if I even did.

It's sad to see you go, I enjoyed reading your posts and threads. I wish you all the best anyway, and I hope that everything beyond EC is amazing for you.

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Just one thread about religion and everyone on EC goes berserk. Everyone joins in and then goes on to say how religion is just brainwashing and Christians are hateful and what not. I've even seen staff members join in. It's just not what I need in my life so I'm leaving.

Nothing personal.

I wish you all the best and may all of your dreams come true!

6. LD579

Well, I wish you the best. There are people who are religious (Such as myself) or not religious who are not against religion in general.. While this is a support forum, sometimes people's beliefs can clash with others. If this is what you think is best for you, then I hope all goes well for you.

7. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Stridenttube, Will you find support in your religion for you sexuality and your lifestyle? I hope that you do. Many, many , many gay and lesbian people have been hurt by religious leaders. What you have heard here is a reflection to that hurt; it is not personal to you.

8. Candace

I still believe in God, and I don't necessarily think that all aspects of religion are bad. I think you should reconsider staying. This is the internet, and from my opinion, I believe you should respect everyone else's input, despite whether you agree with it or not. I don't think God is a bad person, but I know someone here on EC is going to think otherwise. Do I let that get to me? Of course not.

Stick around. EC is not all about bashing religion. There's other sites for that, I am sure.

9. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Some make it sound awfully personal. Just an, "observation".

I can say I tend to fade in and out for well, the exact same reason as Stridenttube.

10. Colton

It's a matter of personal opinion for everyone. What you might think is offensive, and what others may perceive as offensive could be two completely different. Nobody can please you 100% of the time. Religion is a touchy subject, for many people, and I'm sad to see a member leave on account of conflicting opinions.

I hope for the best for you, and perhaps someday we'll see you back here on EC. :slight_smile:

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're being melodramatic. If there's a problem with a community you love, why not tough it out and try to change some minds? The anti-religious people must put their money where their open-minded mouths are and debate with facts and reason, otherwise they can't claim the moral high ground.

I'm not saying you have to endure hostility when you can't deal with it. Just take a break when it gets bad, then come back. We'll be here for you. (*hug*)

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dang, you are so well spoken (or written) for your age. True. And a kind God won't judge him for that aspect of his life either.

Since there are opposing views within my own religion, I just stay away from the factions that spout the negative views.

13. Fiddledeedee

There's been a whole slew of religion threads. Don't know why. They haven't always been very nice.

See you later.

14. That sucks and I'm sorry that you had to experience that. It's tough being a part of two clashing communities. I know the feeling :frowning2:

15. Ben

Ben

Sometimes members do get carried away on religion threads. The best thing to do if things start verging on personal attacks is to send a report, and the mods will clean it up. Religious intolerance on EC has been an issue that has popped up many times in EC's past, but you'll find similar issues across the entirety of the internet. But I can totally sympathise with the frustration of seeing people who are ill-informed. Take care.

16. King

King Guest

In my own eyes and from my own experience, EC has two subjects that cause a lot of drama - religion and femininity in males. Both are subjects that have been discussed in the past and more often than not someone gets hurt. I'm sorry you feel the need to go, but I support your decision. All the best to you!

17. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do agree with Ben here. If you see something totally out of line, then there is always the option to report. Even if it's someone from staff (the rules do also apply to staff, after all). It's unfortunate that some threads heat up fast sometimes, and we can't be everywhere at once. So any pointers from members are appreciated.

On a more personal note: I'm sorry to see you go :frowning2:
    do remember that if and when you need any support and advice, our door is still always open!

18. FruitFly

There is a lot of hostility on EC with regards to religion, and I must say that as hot a subject as homosexuality is on Christian forums religion is a hot topic on a lot of support forums. Very few (outside perhaps those focused on gay Christians/Muslims/etc.) are able to provide support for those who are at this stage and are both Christian (or indeed any other religion) and gay.

19. Munyal

I agree with this. My denomination is very friendly towards gay people, so I haven't had to deal with religious intolerance. (My minister was a gay rights activist in college) I have also noticed quite a bit of intolerance from many people on here.

20. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

:frowning2: What about not reading those threads then?

Anyway...good luck with everything.