1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ur first relationship ,dating and learning along the way ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Is it werid to start dating at 18-19 ? That was when I had my 1st relationship ,so how was ur first relationship ? Are u In Ur first relationship ? How is it ? How did u cope with ur first break up ? How did u suppress ur orientation if u didn't like urself then? How have u changed ? Have you changed and learned more when dating ? And have u changed for the better or worse ?

2. Acobi

Acobi Guest

It is never too late! My first girlfriend was when I was 15. I still have not had a boyfriend, but my first boy date was this year and I'm 22 now.

Do not worry about if others started earlier or later-it only matters that you start when you are ready!

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u ur so cute and handsome !!!how could u not have a bf?!

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first "boy date" started 5 weeks ago...still dating him!

5. LD579

I started dating this guy, through chance, when I was 16. It only lasted 3 months, though, and I'm hesitant to call him a boyfriend, so I don't. I'm in my first real relationship right now. It is good, 'nough said.

My first 'break-up', with the aforementioned guy, was expected, but I took it a bit hard. I felt as though I was being led on and it was a frustrating process of three months of nothing, really.

I never suppressed my orientation, but it took me a long while to realize that I could live a life in which I took part in relationships with other guys. I've changed a lot because of my experiences, which are not that tied to my sexuality.

I haven't learned anything from dating, really, and I haven't changed for the better or worse. I'm just... me, as I'll always be.

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Good answer Luthan :slight_smile:

7. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First relationship was when I was 13, and lemme be honest, dumbest thing ever. It was pretty much for nothing but show. First kiss was with a girl when I was sixteen, so ill call that my first real relationship. That one kinda burned to the ground. If there's one thing about breakup a I've learned, it's that you'll be sad for a few days, and that's okay. But don't wallow in the sadness if you can avoid it!

Lessee, I didn't really learn anything from my relationships other than that the only true way to test your relationship is to spend a full day and night together. If you can still stand each other with rather constant conversation, you'll be pretty good. Also, cheating is unacceptable.

I didn't really question till the end of my relationship, but I haven't reached out either. Never was good at the dating game.

Also, never change for people. If they don't like you, pardon my rudeness, but they can shove off. You'll find someone better! :grin:

8. Colton

Everybody starts dating at different times. It just depends on if you think you're ready or not, so don't worry! It's all on how you feel! :slight_smile:

For me, my first relationship was my freshman year, when I was 14. It lasted 16 days, and after that, I realized that I wasn't ready to start dating yet. So fast forward another year, and I met this one guy, and felt that maybe I could try again, and that relationship is still lasting today. :slight_smile:

The things that I have learned are to always be yourself, and to not rush into a relationship. I feel like I rushed into my freshman year relationship, and always had to pretend I was someone who I'm not, and that's why the relationship didn't work for me. But for my current relationship, I waited until I knew I was ready to start a new relationship. And with him, I can be myself completely, so I've really had no problems with that.

And to the question about if I changed, I would have to say no. I just found someone who accepts me as I am. And personally, I think that is the most important thing to find in another person, someone who accepts you! :slight_smile:

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

U are adorable :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

Thank u for ur insight :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

u are adorable :slight_smile:

10. Candace

I had a "casual boyfriend" so to speak. We had met at an event whilst watching the determination of the winner for the 2012 Pres. Election (Obama!!!! :grin:) Anyway, we had exchanged some words, casual conversation. Two weeks go by, and by accident I come across the LGBTQ place at my school. Sitting on the floor in the room is the same guy. He started to hit up on me, and surprisingly I liked him back. Over time I realised that he was a crabby, know-it-all, and thoughtless jerk. We started going out in December and we ended our relationship at the end of May...well I ENDED it. In six months...he called me? 0 times. Texted me? 0 times. Facebooked me? 0 times. He also showed signs of being irresponsible and not taking care of himself. I wasn't willingly to be his parent and take care of him. So, I ended it. Now I have a new boyfriend is MUCH better and calls/texts me every day :slight_smile:

I learned that it's on the inside what counts. Personality does matter.

11. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I have an ex that calls me everyday and texts me lol

12. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am in my first relationship. When we met in November last year, I was 17. A few weeks later he was moving in with us (I live with my parents). In March I turned 18.
    We had two holidays together and after that he landed in hospital (in February), so we didn´t have much time together and now when he comes home he is not the same person I met cause he is disabled.
    So it is a bit of a test, but I´m hopeful. He is two years older.
    It all felt and feels very natural and logical.

13. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I hope everything goes well for ur bf may god keep u safe and healthy and for ur bf as well :slight_smile: (*hug*)

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in my first real relationship, she's 19 and I'm 22. I really love her and I feel like I'm learning a lot about relationships. I'm surprised every day that she really wants to be with me. This is us :slight_smile:

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you.

16. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Ur welcome what's ur bf's name ? L'll pray he gets well :slight_smile:

17. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unsurevirgin, although I apreaciate your support, maybe it is better to post things like that on my wall or send a pm. This thread is about first relations....

18. I've never dated, and I'm 21. It will probably be a long while before I get a relationship (if it ever happens) because I'm not out. I'm kind of worried that I'll end up waiting too long and won't ever have a relationship because of it.

19. Spurned

Spurned Guest

My first straight boyfriend is when I was 13, I don't really remember the break up but there's three main relationships that when we broke up, I didn't cope with well. My first girlfriend went well, we dated twice but both times I was hooked on an ex so I cheated. I didn't regret it at the time, and I aim to never regret anything, so I guess I still don't. We only kissed so there wasn't too much harm done, but this was a while back and me and her still talk. :grin:

I'm now with my second girlfriend and it's long distance, but it's made me feel like I should be the "man" of the relationship, as though I should protect her and be the one to hold her, but I can't yet. Not until I meet her. It's made me feel really protective rather than being in the typical "woman" role, damsel in distress style. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's made me feel better about myself, having a girlfriend that I feel I can stick with. (One month anniversary in two days, this is an achievement! :3)

20. King

King Guest

I had my first boyfriend when I was 18. We broke up, my decision, and he took it hard. I got over it quickly, and actually I broke up with him and then continued on my day as always (he apparently did not). We were together for just under four months, so not long, but I still consider him my first boyfriend.

I haven't changed, but I definitely cemented the ideas I had of myself by being with him. You know, realizing what I actually need and want from my life and from my boyfriend. I spent most of our relationship thinking about my future and trying to piece it together and it kept hitting me that he just wasn't part of it. For no reason other than we weren't meant to be together.

Now, don't think I'm insane and I was planning my future with him in it - on the contrary, I was planning my future without him. I figured out what I wanted from my life and keeping the relationship I had with him wouldn't have done me any good. Even if it was for less than four months.

The post-breakup literally brought out the worst in me, because he needs more attention (through no fault of his own) than I can give him. The week after we broke up was one of the worst times of my life, not because I missed him or regretted breaking up with him, but because of the way he was handling it and acting about it. Luckily we talked last night and sorted everything out.

All of that goes back to how my first relationship actually sort of helped me figure myself out. I realized that I had a really dark side that was sitting underneath the polite, quiet, gentle guy everyone swears I am. I realized I had a future that mattered more to me than most aspects of my life, and I realized what I need in future boyfriends. It was actually a bit fulfilling to figure out so much.