1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming School Stress...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jun 5, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I am really stressed and anxious about school right now because of several things:

On Friday I have got a mock English GCSE exam. And I mean an actual proper scary one where you have a table to yourself. And I know it's only a mock, but it is the first time I have even been under exam conditions. And we face being removed form fast track English (we do the GCSE a year earlier) if we don't do well.

Next Thursday, I have got a Science test on everything we have done throughout they year. I am confident with most of the topics, but there are some things am a bit stuck on, and I seem to be worrying way too much than I should.

I have got a maths test on the 1st July and am really worried.

I have got a German GCSE coursework writing exam sometime in July. Once again really worried.

---

I don't know what to do! I will admit things are picking up with my crush as he is looking at me more than usual and is acting really smiley around me, but I am just so scared! I'm too scared than I should be.

Any Advice?

2. Jordz

The only thing I can suggest is do plenty of revision but with regular breaks so you can break it down. I'm not sure how true this is but one of my old teachers said that by drinking water you are likely to do 5% better than you would. Good luck with them :slight_smile:

3. IrishEyes1989

Awww, not to worry clarkec1 (*hug*) I know it seems overwhelming right now, but after you're finished with your exams you'll look back and think "What was I so worried about?" Believe me, I often had test anxiety when I was in school. Most of the time it ended up being unwarranted worry, except in the case of math exams lol. In that case, my worry was VERY legitimate. I was horrible at math haha. But anyway, as you said, these are just mock exams. You'll have a chance to see how well you know your material and then take those results and see how much more you need to study. You sound like a good student, so I really wouldn't worry too much. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll save yourself a lot of stress if you don't put as much pressure on yourself. Exams seem like the most important thing in the world when you're in school, but the truth is that in the big scheme of things in life they're insignificant. Simply a means to an end in terms of your education. That being said, it certainly is important to put in your best effort at school and it seems as though you've got that well taken care of.

About your crush, it seems like you've got enough on your mind right now with your exams. My suggestion would be not to dwell too much on how scared you are about your crush because it will distract you from your studying. That's not to say you can't think about him and talk to him and stuff, just don't let it take over your mind. Trust me, I've fallen into that trap before. A crush or relationship starts to consume your life and everything else falls to the wayside. Not good. Balance is key. It sounds like he likes you though, which is awesome! :grin:

Best of luck on your GCSE's and keep us posted on the progress with your crush!! :wink: