1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a rant about the Church in my country.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm a Swedish Lutheran (by tradition, I haven't been confirmed in Sweden yet), but all the Lutheran Churches in my area (and the Australian Lutheran Church in general) are anti-gay (or in their words, disapprove of "practicing" homosexuals). I'm not "practicing", but I feel really excluded by the fact that I'm gay, and just as bad, that people who commit actual sins are not excluded while we are. I also think they don't understand the concept of homosexuality (and all sexuality) if they consider "practicing" to be a valid term. And almost every other church in this country is the same, in this supposed "new world" which is just as morally corrupt, wrong, and greedy as the "old" (hate those terms too, inherently racist).:tantrum:

2. IrishEyes1989

I went through the same inner conflict a few years ago. I've mostly distanced myself from religion as a result. I was brought up Catholic but once I really began to understand how oppressive and discriminatory it (and most other organized religions) are, I couldn't in good conscience continue to be a part of it. The part I still struggle with is that I do believe in God and I want to have some sort of spirituality in my life, but I can't reckon with the Catholic Church. It's rough, but necessary for my own peace of mind.

Have you ever felt like distancing yourself from religion as well?

3. Hexagon

Maybe you could find a more accepting place?

4. AlamoCity

I could be wrong, but in Scandinavia, even though some states have a state religion, I read that the region is also one of the most secular parts of the world. People seem to follow the religion for tradition and community ties; as such, that region, even with de facto state religions, can be very accepting as opposed to other regions that enjoy a more true "separation of church and state." Of course, I'm just making generalizations and rambling.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    unfortunately, most religions of full of hypocrisy and those that spout hates are themselves hypocrites.
    They use religion as an excuse to justify their own hate, while at the same time ignoring the "rules" they themselves are supposed to follow.