1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you fully accepted you sexuality yet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JPC, Jun 5, 2013.

?

Have you fully accepted your sexuality yet?

1. Yes

102 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. JPC

JPC Guest

Somedays I feel as if I've fully accepted the fact that I'm gay and I feel like I'm ready to tell everyone and just move on with my life. Then other days, like today, I feel pretty depressed about it. It's not out of shame or guilt or anything, but rather just because I sometimes think of how much easier my life would've been were I born straight. So, I guess in some senses I haven't quite accepted it fully yet.

Do you think you've reached that point where it's no longer an issue for you? Or do you still struggle with it a little?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted yes, because I am content to live with what I've got. That doesn't mean I don't think that being straight would be easier, but I've realised being gay has made me a better person, even if it has contributed to my depression and anxiety and eating disorders, which I regret greatly.

3. mes1995

I'm like that too kind of.I've mostly accepted it because i cant change it so i try not to fret over it.My sexuality is not the problem, homophobic people just need to shove it.

4. Hefiel

I've 100% accepted it.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have accepted it now, but I know what you mean, life would have been much simpler if I had been born Straight, but hey, shit happens, I am Gay & I have to accept that & move on :slight_smile:

I can't change anything, I could climb back into the closet & be unhappy, or burn the feckin closet down & be proud of myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

Doesn't help that I will never stop having to come out, to new people all the time & not come out to certain family members & long time friends, who I know will never accept the fact that I am Gay :newcolor:

#5 Dublin Boy, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  6. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No.

Because while I don't struggle with questioning like I did in the recent past, I've still yet to really experience significant same-sex attraction in person and so it's hard for me to know how I'd react if I developed a crush on a guy, knew one was attracted to me, if I was going on a date, was developing a relationship and so on. Overall, while most of the internal dissonance has calmed down, I don't know how comfortable I am with being completely, unabashedly open about it yet.....

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure I have.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can I be capable of fully accepting of my sexuality when I have yet to come to fully understand it? :confused:

I mean, I'm out as...I guess "most certainly not straight" to everyone I feel I need to be, and willing to let most any person know if it becomes pertinent, but..

bugs the hell out of me that I'm basically still questioning. Ugh.

#8 Browncoat, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  9. The Dude

I feel like I'll never be able to accept it if my parents don't know, as I live with them when I'm not at college. Once I tell them-if I tell them-I think acceptance will come much easier. That is also assuming they accept it.

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    100% accepted it.

11. Harve

Many years ago.

I'm on here to chill!

12. George

No I haven't completely accepted it yet, but I feel I am getting closer every day. However, in my case it really was a huge shock. Some people have had a pretty good idea of their sexuality for most of their life, but for me it was like suddenly I got hit by a bus a few weeks ago. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My denial was THAT strong and my mind created a pretty elaborate series of excuses to justify a lifetime's worth of abnormal behavior (abnormal in the straight sense). It was only when I developed a huge crush on my friend that I was able to actually break through the mental barrier I had created for myself. So, it's certainly a work in progress, but I think I am coming to terms with it fairly quickly with all things considered.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to vote yes, but really, it's "almost." I'm personally alright with it, but not alright enough to come out to the world. Although I guess that's a problem with courage rather than acceptance of who I am.

14. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I don't know, I go on tangents and questions come my way everynow and again, I heard something somewhere that constant day to day questioning of ones sexuality (like myself) is a sign that you may be gay/bi or whatever.

15. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That was the stage I was at, just before I came out to myself :slight_smile:

16. I've accepted it for the most part, but not 100%. If I had accepted it completely, I would be out to more than two people. I'm not quite comfortable in my own skin, and I kind of resent the fact that I turned out gay. It is what it is though, and I'm sure I'll get over it in time.

17. MrBrightside

I vary MASSIVELY, sometimes im totally cool with it, other times like now i feel angry and repulsed that i like guys. I reckon its the stereotypes that cause the swings.

Im still questioning too... Gay or bi? Do you ever find out one way or the other?

18. Hexagon

I would say so, yes. Its all a little confusing. I'm not sure whether or not I'm asexual. But I know I like all genders romantically and aesthetically, and maybe sexually, so I just gave up and said queer. And thats okay. I'm out to everyone, and I don't experience headaches thinking so hard for an answer, so I think that means I've accepted it.

19. Goodnyte

I'm not sure about my sexuality, but I have fully accepted that I'm not straight. Regardless of what I am, I am ready to fully accept it. It is a part of me. if I deny part of me, I won't be whole. I don't want to go through life with a missing puzzle piece. Again, I have fully accepted I'm not straight I have fully accepted whatever my sexual orientation is.

20. Martjain

I'm proud to say Yes.