1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it bother you when people say...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nicecoolguy, Jun 5, 2013.

1. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never thought I'd post about this, but it's been happening too often lately and I just wondered, if it applies, does it bother anyone else when people say you look (just) like X? Personally, I really don't like it when people say I look like someone else. I'm really only okay with it when people say I look like my parents because, well, I consider that a compliment. I guess the problem for me is that in general people will say that I either look like some celebrity I don't think is all that handsome, or some other random guy in their life who I haven't even seen to make a comparison. But either way, maybe it's just because I don't tend to find guys of my race all that attractive, I don't know. I look in the mirror and am generally pretty happy with what I see. I like to believe that I have a unique look, such that it shouldn't be so easy to say I look like someone else.

2. Hefiel

I've only been told that I look like my mother (which I don't besides my hair color...), and it bothers the hell out of me. Never been compared to anyone else.

3. Luke Matt

I don't really care what people say about me tbh. Most of the time they're just trying to be nice/compliment you. Take it with a grain of salt.

4. Pain

Pain Guest

Sometimes, yes, it really bothers me. I've frequently been told that I look like Nick Jonas, to which I usually got angry. I'm not a fan of the Jonas brothers.

I've been told I look like Harry Styles, which didn't really bother me, because I never really knew much about him.

I get told OFTEN that I look like Benedict Cumberbatch, but younger and nicer, which, lately, I've been taking well, because the people saying that are good, wonderful people. Plus, the roles he plays seem very cool and interesting.

5. justjade

I had a coworker once who said I reminded him of his best friend from where he used to live, which I thought was pretty cool. There aren't really a lot of redheads floating around, so if I am compared to someone, it's usually someone that they know. It hasn't happened to me a whole lot though. I can't really say it bothers me. I have also been told I look/act/sound like my dad or uncle, which I think is nice. They raised me, so they did rub off on me a bit.