1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who was your first proper crush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've just realised that I have a crush on my friend. I got massive jitters when he messaged me on Facebook yesterday, and I kind of can't help but touch him (resting on him, wrestling him). Unfortunately, he's straight, but it's the first proper crush I've had, and he's definitely attractive. He knows I'm gay too, and he's cool with it, and affectionate, which doesn't help with the feelings. So, who was your first crush, and what happened?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first girl crush was one of my friends at school, back when I was about 16 or thereabouts. I loved everything about her and she actually approached me for a relationship and I was super thrilled. I guess she wasn't out to everyone yet, because she broke it off after a couple of days, and I later found out that she'd been seeing a guy behind my back. I still think about her and can kick myself for not taking things to a higher level at the time

The first guy I fell in love with at first sight, was someone I met at a birthday party. He noticed me and saw that I'm not there with anyone, so he approached me and it was instant chemistry. We exchanged phone numbers and he declared his feelings for me one night when we were talking on the phone. Our relationship was wonderful and he treated me very well. Bumped into him at another party about 2 years ago, and my heart skipped a beat - I didn't expect to see him there. He's married now and I grant him all the happiness in the world, though I still miss him

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first real crush was back when I was 13, when him and I met at a fair. He was the same age as me, and we were both questioning ourselves. We met on the first of seven days my family was staying there, and this was when I was still kinda sorta with my girlfriend at the time (she told me she was moving, so I thought we were done, but she didn't move). Over the first three days or so we were having fun hanging out with each other, talking to each other, and then when we were riding some rides together with just the two of us, he started to hold my hand, which I found rather nice of him, so I let him.

Then he asked if I wanted to go on the ferris wheel. I had a huge fear of heights, but I knew he really wanted to go on it, so I said yes. So this ferris wheel was probably a good 100 feet tall and at the very top you could see the entire fairground. Anyways, we got on and he immediately held my hand and looked into my eyes, and I couldn't help but to look into his. I think he and I were both thinking the same thing as well, because whenever our cart got to the top and stopped, we kissed. It was probably one of the best moments of my life.

After we got off the ride we went back to where our campers were and I asked my mom if I could have him sleep over at our camper that night and if we could have the main room. She said yes, and we stayed up quite late until we fell asleep around 3 AM, and when we fell asleep we slept in the same bed (nothing serious went on), and he had his arms around me, hugging me as he was sleeping. Luckily we woke up before my parents did, so they wouldn't notice what we did.

We did this for about two more nights until it was the day before we were scheduled to leave. While we were riding a ride he said "I'm not sure I want this to go on anymore." Shocked, I asked him why and he said it was nothing against me, it was just that we were both closeted and had no intention of telling anyone, and he didn't want to keep having a secret relationship like this, plus with the long distance. I agreed with him, although I was sad that I had to let him go I asked, "Want to ride the ferris wheel one more time, for old times sake?" We went on the ride and I think we made out for the entirety of the ride.

Before we left, I meant to ask him for his Facebook but I forgot. Thinking back that had to be one of my biggest mistakes ever made. Even if we wouldn't have been a couple he was a very nice guy that I wanted to be friends with.

So I guess from my first crush experience there were some positives (overcame my fear of heights had some great moments) and negatives (the realization it wouldn't work and I didn't get his Facebook).

4. justjade

I think my first proper crush was on a guy I was going to school with. He was a great singer and always looked nice. He got straight A's and was also very active. I like to watch him play tennis. I was so into him, but he thought I was weird. And looking back, I guess I was. I have always been pretty awkward, especially in romantic relationships. Of course, at that age, I also didn't understand dating. I think I was 13 or 14 at the time.

5. Aviale

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He isn't my type now...but back then I adored Harry Potter-looking guys (dark hair, blue eyes). He was in a wedding and I loved his presence (yes, we did talk a bit, he was so nice to me). A day later I cried over him.

I was 9 and he was 11. Proper crush? I don't know but at that age it surely was... lol

6. FreeFlow9917

Uhh.. my best friend of a helluva long time, if i think of him, i quiver and i feel im going to collapse. We know each other like a book.

7. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I actually just had my first real crush very recently at 18 years old XD I mean, I liked lots of guys before that but never like this, and never for as long as this.

He is a beautiful blue eyed 19 year old cook at the restaurant I used to work at as a dishwasher. He used to come back and chat me up and I ended up really liking him, totally by accident. It turns out he was sorta into me, too (although, I dunno, I think he was just sort of curious what it would be like XD) and we were going to do something before I left (I moved out of state), but I realized it wouldn't have been the right thing for me. I'm not in that place, right now, and if I'm not ready I don't want to cash in my V card.

But yeah, I would call that my first *proper* crush because even though I have liked guys in the past it was never more than what I would feel for a celebrity, and I never felt the pull to be with them. This was the first guy I felt this way about...

#7 StefaniW, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
  8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A Green eyed cute Guy, he was about 16/17 I was 18 & we passed in the street, I was smitten, I went past the same place every day at the same time, hoping to see him again, but I never did :frowning2:

9. Hefiel

Last year, there was this college guy I'd see on a daily basis on the city bus. About my height, thin, black hair, probably around 20 years old, a bit nerdy with the classes, but I thought he was really cute. Everyday I was sort of hoping that there would be free room in the bus so that he could stand next to me, rarely ever happened unfortunately, and would be a bit angry at whoever else was standing next to me.

That was before I accepted I was gay too, and was part of the reason why this year when I looked back on my life I realized "I'm really gay.". :lol:

10. My first crush was straight too haha. But yeah it was back when I was 14 but I realized I had a crush on him when I turned 15. If someone can help me get over him that would be great (It's been 3 years :eek:slight_smile:

11. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

The crush I'm crushing over now.

12. Hexagon

This guy at my school. I was about fourteen, and I liked him for three years.

13. Ticklish Fish

High school acquaintance in sophomore year to college freshman

14. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

This guy in elementary school. I forgot why. I'd chase him around the schoolyard with some friends. Eventually he told the recess guards that we were bugging him and I started crying since I was doing it because I liked him.

The only other thing I remember about him is he really liked pickles and his nickname was Pickeled Parker.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2013 at 06:41 PM ----------

Ummm does elementary school count as a 'proper' crush? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Paradox15 Great story! :eusa_clap

15. eatsleepclimb

I had my first crush in 5th grade but didn't really figure it out until 8th. In 5th through 7th grade I couldn't figure out why I wanted to be around this girl so much but I got so nervous talking to her. And then in 8th grade when I had picked a seat in class where I could have a good view of her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I realized that this was a crush. Spent all of this year trying to get over it when I found out she is straight :frowning2: :frowning2:

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My childhood best friend. We used to play Pokemon games together and I'd sneak over to his house when I was in year 3, since we lived only a couple blocks away from each other. I liked him a lot. He was super cute, and I'm sure he grew up to be an attractive guy.

His mum was a devout Christian and probably wouldn't like me now, lol.

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first crush was on a student teacher (She was in the 8th grade, more of a tutor than a teacher) in 7th grade.

18. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

my first actual crush was in 7th grade on a girl

my first gay crush wan in 9th grade

19. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My first crush was in 2nd grade on a boy xD
    My first real crush on a guy was in 5th grade
    My first girl crush was like idek 6th grade? Sure lets go with that
    and then the second girl crush which was actually a real crush was this year in 7th grade
    and there were like a million in between those but whatever I guess I'm just a slut for having a crush on too many people I mean it's not like I liked them all at once

lol well now I'm just awkwardly ranting. Welp (!)

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2013 at 01:40 AM ----------

Your profile pic is Niall omg (!)

20. evora

My first crush was my professor at university but I didn't know at the time why I was feeling that way, I was very angry with myself. I ended up not going to any of her lectures and failed, but I took the exam for a second time just so I could see her again, for the last time. That was not one of my best moments.

My first proper crush is still happening. All I can say is, I wish I never saw her again. I'll leave it at that.