1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After your shower...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zūn Jìng, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

After your shower(You've just shampooed and conditioned) I'm wondering to make your hair look better do you towel dry your hair or just comb it and let it dry on its own. For short hair like mine it is sort of pointless to use a hairdryer so what do you think would be best?

- Dan!:help:

2. Louise

Towel dry and comb gives short hair the best results.

3. total mo

total mo Guest

But hair drying is fun! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I would still hair dry if I have hair as short as yours. But don't listen to me, do what Louise said towel dry and comb.

4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I sort of towel dry so my hair doesn't drip. Then, I just comb it when it's still sort of wet and then apply hairspray :slight_smile:

5. Orion

I have semi-long hair, you can see in my gallery, but I get the best results when I getnly dry it with a towel, then comb it in place, and leave it dry. Otherwise, if I dry it completely with the towel I end up with fluffy hair for the rest of the day. And that aslo happens whenever I dry too hard with the towel. So, don't drry your hair too hard, or it will tangle and start gaining volume and leaving it combed in palce helps managing it afterwards.
    Although you shouldn't have much problem with volume :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: still, it's good to keep in mind.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

have to towel dry.

7. Defraction

My hair goes down to my shoulders kind of, and I find my hair is softer and straighter (without straightening) when I towel-dry, comb, and leave. Every now and then I'll comb it through again so my hair doesn't mould itself into a weird shape. :slight_smile:

However this takes me about 2+ hours, and since my hair is crappy and I gotta wash it every morning, I have to blow dry my hair, which makes it really awful and it feels necessary to use hair straighteners. ¬_¬

I know it "kills" my hair, but I hate my "afro". :grin:

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just let it dry naturally. I've got short hair.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I towel dry it for a min, then I blowdry it.

10. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Towel dry, shake it out and go... usually stands up on its own when it's short enough. Otherwise it gets shaggy and gross.

11. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I towel dry into a funny style and then let it collapse into shape. :sunglasses:

12. I let it air dry till its damp-ish and then I gel it into shape

13. As per usual, Louise is correct -- doing both generally gives the best results for short hair, although everyone's hair is different, so experimenting to see what works for you could be the best solution.

I, personally, never let my hair dry when it's down. Buns or braids prevent it from getting really frizzy.

14. RENThead

i have long hair, (almost to my bottom) so i wrap in in a tawl untill ive dried myself and got dressed. once im dressed, i usually wear it out, or put it in a loose bun. (a bun gives it a wave when it dries) i dont brush it untill its dry, thats just what my hairdresser told me.

though guys hair is different.... i dunno, ive never had short hair.

15. total mo

total mo Guest

wear a towel on your head, it would look uber cool!

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

no matter how i comb itd be a boff ^_^, dats why i gel my hair ¬_¬ but sometimes it goes down

17. nikkig

nikkig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have long hair also just past the shoulders,dry my hair with a towel and style it my way with blow drying my hair which usually takes me least half an hour.

18. HalfInsane

Well, I've got fairly long hair (2/3 inches past my shoulders) and it's also quite thick and wavy... and takes forever to dry, but I still really dislike blow drying it because I already straighten it all the time (like I said, it's poofy and wavy... I like to say it resembles a poodle that fell in a blender) and I don't want to dry it out anymore than is necessary. So I just shower at night, towel dry it as best I can, let it dry by itself, and straighten it in the morning.

19. italianheather1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    actually towels cause more frizz you can either let it air dry or blow dry it

20. sexyalex

i personally blowdry mine. moisturize it while it's wet so that the hair lotion get realy soaked in then i blow dry. it always comes out soft and shiny in the end....

when i towel dry, i get head achs after..idk y. my mom took me to the doctor and he said i need to dry my head properly cause i am getting a cold in the back of my head :frowning2: so that's why i have to blow dry.