1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone fully out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AParker, Jun 6, 2013.

1. AParker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im not completely out, but not completely in either. For those who did come out..how hard is it? And did you wish you could just go back in. My friend told me that when you come out of the closet that the door locks, so there is no going back...:icon_redf

2. biggayguy

What surprised me is there isn't just one time you come out. You have to keep coming out as you meet different people and groups. Coming out to my parents was both scary and extremely freeing. Once in a while I had a fleeting wish to go back in the closet. Then I remember how confining and terrifying it is in there. Picking the right time and place to come out can be very important.

3. Hexagon

Sexuality-wise, I am fully out. I get annoyed by having to come out to new groups of people though. Gender-wise, well, coming out isn't really the goal of being trans. I'm stealth.

4. Hun

Hun

I'll tell anyone who asks.

5. King

King Guest

I'm fully out.

Coming out at the time can be rather difficult and stressful, and I've never experienced trying to "go back in" to the closet. I've read multiple times on EC of people who retracted their coming out and disguised it as a joke.
    I don't wish I could go back in. I have no reason to.

6. Orpheus122

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Almost!Day by day i find a new person to come out,and it feels fantastic

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to everybody except my family, and if they wanted to know, all they would have to do is go to my "about" page on Facebook, as it does say I'm interested in men. My dad's side of the family is ultra-Catholic, and if I told them, they'd probably tell my parents to ship me off to a straight camp.

I've said it on another thread, but I honestly think my mom knows my orientation already, but we don't talk about it. What a shock that will be if after college, if I bring Brendan (my boyfriend) home and say, "Mom, dad, we've been a lot more than friends the past several years, and we're moving to Minnesota to get married!"

I found that in high school, most people didn't really care, and I was open about it from sophomore year on.

8. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, I am fully out. I have an amazing and supportive family which I am very grateful for. My very few real life friends and all of my online Facebook friends know I am a lesbian and they are supportive as well.

9. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm only out to my closest friends from high school... I haven't said anything to my family but I too suspect that they know and are keeping it a secret from me... a secret of a secret... lol And as far as everyone else... like co-workers... well I have to trust them first.

10. AlamoCity

At this moment, I'm out to my mom, two friends, and an uncle. Others may suspect (23yo male, never had a girlfriend) but I haven't told.

11. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Fully out and it feels good :slight_smile: I think the statements on going back into the closet may come from people in non-accepting environments, so I can't really say I share that experience.

When I came out, I was very very very anxious to do so, because it just suddenly felt like the right time, it was the end of the school year (last year) and everything was going great, top of my class, went to state for music and academic bowl, everything was good so i was like... "oh my gosh I have to tell someone!" and I was so excited, I made it into a little game and told everyone in a very different way, and I called the process "flah-flah"'ing. Since I didnt just come out all at once, whether or not my friends had been flah-flah'd was a good indicator of how "indepth" we could talk amongst each other. Every person that I came out to gave me more and more power, until i finally just came out on facebook and got only positive responses :3 tbh, i like coming out to people, although in the last 4 months i've not really met any new people that are worth telling :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It was a little hard the first few times... so i really think coming out individually can give you more courage to continue.. If your feeling really balls-y and your facebook is safe (like, wont compromise a job or something) then theres always that option, if your ready for all sorts of feedback.

12. AKTodd

Out to everyone who I deal with in my day to day life (friends, coworkers), my family with he exception of an aunt and my older brother. Both are extremely conservative and would take it very badly. This doesnt concern me all that much and if I were to hear them making homophobic comments, things would get really interesting really fast. But both of them would then turn around and hassle my mom about it and she's got enough going on in her life. Beyond that, I certainly don't hide it. Have an HRC sticker on my car, talk casually about what my partner and I are doing or did, etc.

Todd

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Half In, Half Out :slight_smile:

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I am out as trans to whoever important. I came out to all of my immediate family members and friends, I am out at school (to those who are not completely oblivious), I'm out to my boss and coworkers, and I am out on Facebook to extended family/friends, and online friends everywhere else. I'm stealth when it comes to people I don't know, or people I don't know very well.

Sexuality-wise, I'm pretty much straight but I've told my friends and some family that I like girls but I wouldn't mind a boyfriend if the chance ever arise, if I were single. It's not a question that comes up often so I don't feel the need to tell.

15. Incognito10

I suppose I would be considered "out" to everyone. I've found that after coming out several times to different people and being accepted, it suddenly becomes incidental and routine. If anyone has an issue with it, they can GTFO of my life.

16. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my stance also. :eusa_ange

17. Hefiel

As my "Out Status" says, I'm out to whoever asks.

18. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm only out online, so in other words i'm not out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Doors lock because things are better once you cross them and going back makes no sense.

Once you come out, you can not really take it back and if it went well, there would be no point right?

I am fully out as of 2ish weeks :grin: And it is great. My parents were the last step for me, and from then on, I consider myself fully out. The journey however, took me 8 months, and I coming out multiple times to multiple people. It is a process, through and through.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my personal group of friends, and to strangers if it becomes relevant, I am out. When it comes to my professional world, no.

The people I work with think Obama is a Muslim, and that transgender people are funny.