1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for my fellow FtM brothers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Niko, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Niko

So summer is here, which means it's swimming season. I absolutely love going to the pool; but I have reached a problem, and that would be my chest. In the past I didn't mind wearing a plain bikini top as long as I had board shorts for bottoms. Now though, I have grown very aware of my chest, and with each passing day it gets harder and harder to even look at.

I'd hate for my dysphoria to get in the way of something I love to do. :frowning2: So my question to you guys is, how do you deal with this?

2. Hexagon

I have not swam in 2 years, apart from one session 18 months ago which was trans guy exclusive. But I'm getting top surgery soon, so after I heal up, I anticipate enjoying swimming again.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well... I hate water, rarely swim so I haven't figured that out. But if anything, maybe consider wearing a shirt over some kind of swimming top? Plenty of cisguys wear shirts to swim anyway.

4. Sarcastic Luck

I second the shirt idea. My ex, when he went swimming, wore: boxers, swimming trunks, and a t-shirt. If anyone asks, just say that you sunburn easy and it's just simpler to put sunscreen on your arms/legs/face since those are easy to reach.

5. I wear a shirt when I swim a lot of the time because I sunburn really easily. Maybe you can do that and claim it's protection from the sun.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Underworks has a swim binder. From what I've heard, though, some people put a rash guard or T-shirt over a regular (maybe old) binder.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dealt with it by not going outside. Now I'm hoping with more money I can swim comfortably.

8. BreannaToBrian

I've been just using a t-shirt with trunks. (Even if I'm still a 'girl' to everyone.) I get looks but I don't explain myself. I'm a stubborn ass so the way I explain is, "this is what I swim in, damn it."