1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual hobbies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sarcastic Luck, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Sarcastic Luck

Alright. We know everyone has the usual hobbies. Hiking, photography, working on cars, fishing, sewing, knitting, video games, etc. But what about unusual ones that most people don't do?

I, myself, like taxidermy. I have two skulls that I've cleaned on top of my desk, a dog and a goat, with several more waiting to be cleaned. I also have a goat skin that I'm working on tanning now using this method. However, I'm taking some deviations from it for various reasons. Namely, using salt and eggs yolks since my skins have been in the freezer for a few years. I used a similar method on another skin a few years back with some decent results, but it wasn't as detailed as this guy's method.

I also have a fascination with reptiles, own several, and occasionally go to reptile shows.

So. What about the rest of you?

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Reading various newspapers online and in print.

3. Techno Kid

I'm really into cities and demograpics. : 3

4. Hexagon

I don't know if writing would be considered unusual or not.

5. CTJ

CTJ

I wouldn't say that its a hobby of mine but i own a Bearded Dragon and i've always had a fascination with Lizards and Reptiles. I just think they're the most beautiful creatures, people find it weird when i coo over an adorable lizard or snake.

Out of interest, what reptiles do you own?

6. chrisV

i sometimes visit furaffinity. and i also hug people. ALOT

7. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I have a blue tounge skink, a boa constrictor, and a bearded dragon, so I suppose I have a fellow intrest in herpetoculture.

8. Sarcastic Luck

I have a charcoal morph cornsnake, two african plated lizards, a western slender glass lizard, and a golden gecko. I have a 50 gal tank that I want to turn into a vivarium and have either poison dart frogs or salamanders in.

9. justjade

I love crossword puzzles and making collages. I made some really cool collages that I want to frame. I am also obsessed with The Sims 3. I love to sew, too. I'm currently working on some sketches for a fashion line I'm hoping to put online.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I make games, card games, board games, and RPG's.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dressing up in clothes that are a thousand years out of style and hitting people with foam representations of melee weapons. It's freakin' awesome.

[​IMG]

I've actually only ever been to one event, but getting active in it been at the forefront of my mind for quite a few years now. I also played mil-sim airsoft for awhile. That's really fun too if you're into tactical gun battles, but not for the faint of wallet unfortunately. :/

12. BornInTexas

I study Star Wars history for fun. It's cooler than our world's history to me. I also roleplay a Star Wars character of my own in real life. :grin:

13. Bolin

I used to do all of that when I was in middle school and high school! I hate that I've forgotten much of what I've researched, though. ><

Right now, I have a highly unusual interest in comics as of fairly recent. I've always like comic books, but they're slowly becoming my favorite pastime whereas in the past, I barely read them. I'm still in the process of writing my own X-Men story, and I have the main characters all mapped out.

14. I collect swords and bugs. Learning languages is also a big hobby of mine; I want to learn them all. I'm also really into reptiles, especially snakes.

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love to read the history and lore of video games (Skyrim in particular). I'm also a huge history buff as well.

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I collect records. Specifically seven-inch, 45rpm records. Very specifically, instrumentals from 1955 through 1980 on seven-inch, 45rpm records.

[youtube]U5Q23U4JLvg[/youtube]

Lex

17. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does piping count? I'm finally getting to the point where I can keep the set going for a tune without choking...

18. FruitFly

Field herpetology, arachnology and amateur entomology, I guess they're kind of odd if you're not into that sort of thing. It's all basically getting down and dirty in the mud looking for things most people ignore.

I have a few pets that could be considered abnormal, but I wouldn't consider myself a hobby keeper. Maybe the shows I attend would tip it over from "you keep weird things" to "you have weird hobbies"? I tend to attend quite a few exotics/invert shows, spend far too much money going out to arachnology conferences, and debating the whole captive bred/wild caught thing.

19. LailaForbidden

I like listening to music from other countries. Pretty much everything foreign interests the shit out of me.

20. girlunwound

I collect old radio broadcast equipment. I have a full studio at home, which gets regular use. Two weeks ago an hour-long special that aired on NPR was recorded in my studio and I did the production edit and mix.

I also love Victorian fashion and I'm a paranormal investigator. One of the sane ones. I build my own equipment and often piss other investigators off because while everyone else is running around saying "Look! My meter just blipped! It's a ghost!" I'm like "No, it's not. That was a spike from a ground fault."

I have captured some really interesting and unexplainable things though, and was a regular guest on a popular local radio show for a while.