1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have to get a dress..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by catoptriclenses, Jun 6, 2013.

1. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my dad insists on me buying a dress for a cousin's wedding next week but I really just do not like dresses. I tried seeing if I could wear slacks but to no avail. I am very picky when it comes to clothes in general and with dresses even more so.

I don't even know where to start looking for one. I really don't like shopping. Where are some good places I could look, online or offline? And is there such thing as a dress that isn't super girly? I know I could just suck it up and pick a random one, but I'm a cheapskate and don't want to waste my money on something I will hate.

Thanks in advance if you can give me some direction :icon_redf

2. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe a fancy dress shop where they sell wedding type clothes. Tell them what you're looking for, i'm sure there are some conservative dresses that aren't over the top or "girly"

3. photoguy93

I'd go someplace a bit unique. I know I'm a guy, but I get this from all the girls in my life.

If you buy something cheap, it's probably going to end up worse because it's going to fit bad, and then you're probably going to be pissed being in it..so it could all go badly. What about going to a vintage shop or a second hand store? They might have some unique stuff in there. I know it's "used" but maybe you'd find something unique that would make it all okay.