1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to a gay bar alone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Victinii, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Victinii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really want to go to one, but I will be going on my own. I plan on going there and making friends, but I'm worried that I won't because I am quite a shy and introverted person. It's only opened Thursday-Sunday and I am busy most Thursdays so I can't go on a weekday.

Has anyone been to a gay bar on their own before? What was it like?
    Should I drink before hand for a bit of liquid courage? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Harve

Unless it was a local pub where you're bound to know many people there if you walk in, it would be a bit weird to go to a bar on your own, regardless of whether it's gay or not. If it's more of a club than a bar then even more so.

It might be different depending where in the world you are though, of course.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Went once, felt weird, nothing happened...won't go alone again.

4. Lewis

I go to them all of the time...with my straight friends. I don't see them as 'gay bars' though. Just great places to have fun, dance and get drunk. People make them seem so seedy and scary...trust me, that's not the case.

Just go, relax and enjoy yourself!

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been on my own a few times, I am quiet at 1st until I have had a few drinks, I found that the best place to talk to people is in the smoking area outside even though I don't smoke Lol I just take my drink outside & get into conversations, I have had a few conversations inside as well, now that I have my Gay Pride Bracelets, I hope more people will approach me, instead of thinking I am Straight :slight_smile: