1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch These Straight People Answer A Question Gay People Have Been Asked For Years

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Jun 7, 2013.

1. BudderMC

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Watch These Straight People Answer A Question Gay People Have Been Asked For Year

Wow... That's honestly incredible that nobody ever really thinks about it like that. It's almost like you can see the lightbulb go off. :lol:

3. Lewis

Re: Watch These Straight People Answer A Question Gay People Have Been Asked For Year

Love this! It's about time people wake up and realise that you can't just make a conscious decision about who you find attractive. I couldn't choose to be straight...

4. FreeFlow9917

When did you choose to be straight, never bitch cause like lady gaga says, "I was born this way."

5. Reptillian

I see the intention which isn't to support the choice hypothesis, but nonetheless, it also supports the false dichotomy of born this way v. choice.

6. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I LOVE THIS VIDEO! it forces people to see how stupid they are being for thinking its a choice, and i think this is something that can only be done face to face i ask this question to people on the time when im online and i never get an anwser . but those people are not zealots those people actaully showed they had reasoning and logic.Not everybody would agree bible nut cases wont see the logic in this a use some excuse like you are born straight and the devil has confused you.

7. ChristianHipstr

I'm going to win so many arguments with that! lol

8. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I love that video! LOL!! I am going to have to share it on Facebook.

9. Re: Watch These Straight People Answer A Question Gay People Have Been Asked For Year

Every single homophobe should watch this.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

They could, but it wouldn't change anything. They would find a way to rationalize it.

This was a good video. Some of the people were funny and some of them were more serious. The one lady who supported born that way and said "it's too difficult of a lifestyle" makes a very common and valid argument as to why it's not a choice.

Personally, I think sexuality is a predetermined personality trait or predisposition that gets shaped even more by life experiences.

Some religious people even acknowledge this but say acting on it is a choice. Acting in any sexual manner is a choice. So, then, are only fully heterosexual people allowed to act on their sexual desires? How realistic is that?

11. JPC

JPC Guest

The very notion that sexuality could be a choice is beyond ridiculous. Anyone who believes that it is must be either mind-numbingly stupid or a severe closet case.

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Totally Agree :slight_smile:

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Sometimes they're neither. In North America, there are some people who are actually intelligent, at least in what they're trained to do, and are not at all closeted but are extremely prejudiced because they can't relate to it, often because of the strong conservative views of their churches. This can number their minds, though, as you say.

14. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Loved this! Just watching them struggle with answering the questions is reassuring.

It is no choice.

15. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol

While I love this video... I especially love the people who were initially like "Its a choice" or some variation, but after the interviewer asked them and they said they didn't choose, some answered that it may be the same for gay people. The possibility of a change in belief was kind of really reassuring that not everyone is so closed minded and set in their ways :slight_smile: That part especially made me very happy!

16. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

Wow, awesome video! I remember when I had my first crush in 5th grade. It was on a girl. I remember being really confused and disgusted at myself, and repeating "If I were a guy, I'd want to date her, but I'm a girl, so I don't." to myself all the time. Did that change my feelings towards her? Not one bit.

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Post 13 -

meant to say "numb their minds." Sorry.

18. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

and how can people think its a choice when attractivness is a pyshical reaction ,when a man gets an erection over another man that was physical it wasnt a choice its chemical.

19. Foxface

And what drives me nuts is even with this shocking revelation, people still say we made a choice

Awesome video

Foxface

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That was awesome! I was actually taken aback by how quick they were to think about it, as opposed to saying something like "Everyone starts straight; you choose to TURN gay." <<Never actually heard that, but I'm glad they haven't taken up that line of thinking yet.