1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate English!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jun 7, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

I had my first exam today it was a mock but it was really scary. It decides if we get kicked out of fast track English which means that we do our englsuh GCSE a year earlier. And I can't get kicked out. I think it did OK, buy I'm not going to say I did good, because I think it just did OK. There was one question that we got 4 pages to write on, and I only wrote 1 and a half pages! Because I was short if time. And we didn't t get enough time either! The invigilators were horrrible! They didn't even say good luck or anything nice! One of them kept on staring at me and put me off. And I think that I would have done much better without the intimidating invigilators, and if we could have it as a CA and not an exam!

I hate AQA!

I don't,t know whether I am stressing because I did to bad, or just because I am concerned about my performance.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Take some deep breaths and remember that everything will be okay. There is no guarantee that you did poorly, and if this test was as bad as you say then odds are the rest of the class felt the same way.

It's going to be alright, try to do something that you enjoy to take your mind off it.

3. lawRAWR

I agree with the above, I am in year 11, and I have almost finished taking my GCSEs.

You can complain about the invigilators if you want to, especially if they have been distracting you or making you feel on edge. But, remember, that is their job to look over the candidates to look for signs of cheating.

Trust me, it'll all be fine, keep a look at the time in the exams and block everything else out. The first few exams will seem like massive tasks, but once you become used to them, they are all fine!

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, I tried to manage my time efficiently and actually think I did it quite well. And my teacher said that it doesn't matter how much you write, and it's actually how many points you address. And I think that I mentioned all the points that were required.

Thanks guys.

5. tryhtwfr

I do AQA, need any help or questions?

I have an A* in my Literature Controlled Assessment, Unit 1 Exam and I'm anticipating an A* in the Unit 2 Exam which I did in May. In addition, I have an A* in my Language Controlled Assessments and achieved full UMS on my English Language paper.

#5 tryhtwfr, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  6. MichaelB

That's they're job. They HAVE to stare at you. >.>

No offense but you have no basis of complaint. It's like complaining about lolly pop ladies because they stop traffic haha.

Plus they aren't meant to communicate with students, so they're not allowed to wish you luck. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I happen to be a part time test proctor (only been one for the past 2 weeks or so). I often proctor all types of tests - English as a 2nd language, writing, independent studies, math, foreign languages, chemistry, etc. It's kind of part of my job to pay attention to the test takers and make sure they're not cheating - but I imagine how that sometimes can feel awkward for them. And once you've been doing it for a while, it becomes routine and so the people watching over you can seem to be a bit intimidating ;/

I hope you did well : )

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

They are allowed to with you luck, because once, they said do your best and good luck. I suppose it's just who you get really. I'd love it see their job description! Thanks for the good luck with my results everyone!