1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curious about proposals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fan of Tessen, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've seen a couple of gay marriage proposals vids on YouTube and it got me thinking... if I was in a relationship I would want him to pop the question... I personally don't think I can do it...

I would imagine a lot of people (like me) aren't even close to getting married yet... cause we're probably still single... or young but if you have at least thought of it... would you ask the person to marry you or would you rather they ask you? or does it not matter to you on who does it? or do you just not care about marriage at all?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really care at all about marriage (yet).
    Maybe when I'm of the age I'll care more, but I think it depends a lot on the couple.
    If there's a clear... "dominant" person in the relationship, I'd usually think they would pop the question, but a lot of relationships are based on equality between both guys, so either can feel free to pop the question.

I'd rather pop the question tbh. I need time to think about everything, so I'm not sure I'd say yes immediately lol.

3. King

King Guest

I'd rather be proposed to, but I feel like I would essentially ask for it to happen.

Not like, "Hey ask me to marry you dipshit I'm waiting" but more "I really want to get married and I feel like you're the one for me but I'm not going to do anything about it except for keep talking about it so yeah".

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently it falls to the older of the two...don't know if that's what's done, generally...

5. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would Definitely want to be asked. Im way too shy to ask someone that.

6. Awkward Balloon

Well you really shouldn't be "shy" with you partner, if you're in a serious committed relationship! If so there might be something wrong... :icon_wink

But in my opinion, I'd rather be proposed to. I feel that my partner would be the more dominant and outgoing one in the relationship so it would only make sense for him to ask me.

7. BornInTexas

I'd rather be proposed to.

However, I always felt that the taller one would ask. Because the shorter person in the relationship is usually looking up, no matter how slightly, to kiss the other person. So, if the taller one got onto one knee and proposed, he would have to look and hold the ring up.

That probably made no sense, but meh.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At this point, I can't even imagine ever having a first date, let alone getting married...

I frankly can't see myself proposing. At the same time, however, the logical, analytical side of me thinks that I can't really imagine a proposal as such. I can imagine a longer conversation as we discuss the possibility. Not very romantic, I suppose, but it's what I can imagine.

10. AlamoCity

If I ever meet the right guy, I think I would like to propose. We could go to a large jewelry store, with the excuse of buying a gift for one of our mothers, and while we're there, try on some rings for fun (and to get his size). I would casually ask him what style he likes and make a note. It's also a good way to judge his interest. If he's not clueless, he will suspect something. If he doesn't complain, I would continue to the next phase. One day we could talk about where we see ourselves in 10 years, and if he sees us together and everything looks right, I would propose to him at a special location. Then maybe get on one knee and say, "blah blah blah, I really like you a lot, will you make me the happiest man on Earth and become my husband under the eyes of the Law and society?"

11. prism

I would definitely be willing to propose if I thought the time was right, but I wouldn't be offended/embarrassed if my partner proposed to me. :slight_smile: