1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkansas Pride???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayTeen, Jun 7, 2013.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone know of ANY pride events in central Arkansas? I feel like I'm the only gay teen who wants to show who I am! I'd really like to be active in the community. And if you don't live in Arkansas, then tell how you were able to get involved in your community.

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well I've never been to Arkansas, but...I think in the South, your best hope at finding pride events and organizations will be either in
    A) Big Cities
    B) College towns

I did an internet search and it seems that that rule holds up.

The only pride parade I could find in Arkansas that hasn't happened yet is in the northwestern part of the state, in Fayetteville, home to the University of Arkansas: NWA Pride

There was also a Pride seemingly in central Arkansas: Conway, AR (apparently nicknamed "The City of Colleges" because there are 3 universities there), but their pride parade seems to have taken place last Sunday, June 2 (my b-day!) :frowning2:: Conway Pride

I also found this list of LGBT Pride events by state: https://sites.google.com/site/lgbtprideday/calendar-of-pride-events

It seems those are indeed the only 2 in Arkansas though.

As for me, I discovered my Pride event because it was sponsored by the LGBT center I go to. I found the LGBT center kinda by accident. It had opened up in my hometown while I was away at college, then when I moved back I decided to give it a try, so it has really helped in finding and getting involved in LGBT events like Pride.

Even if you've missed the Pride parade, maybe you could still try getting involved with the LGBT centers/organizations that sponsored them?

3. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm... How helpful! Thank you. Yeah, being in the south is hard.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never been to Arkansas, and I hear it's not the best place to be out of the closet.

5. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Count Duckula, that sounds like a great event, but unfortunately, I won't be in town. :frowning2:

6. Bummer.

7. zdbaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am looking to move to Ft. Smith soon (hopefully next couple weeks) and was looking online to see if I could find some kind of LGBT group I never did but I kept seeing something about a pride event at the local gay bar, but I didn't really look into it much (never been to a gay bar and don't think I'm ready for a pride event yet) so for all I know It could be in the near future or years ago.