1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He´s by my side!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Boyfriend, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, my boyfriend came home from his holiday to perk him up and we spent the night together. Last time he was in my bed was in february!!!
    He´ll be an outpatient now, so he´ll come back home from physio therapy at the rehab facility every day and be home in the weekend.

I was very nervous, but he was just tired and cuddly. We had a nice cuddle and some sex. I made sure he didn´t need to use his body so he wouldn´t be reminded of the parts that he can´t control so well or aren´t working.
    I slept really well afterwards and woke up quite fresh after only 5 hours sleep or something.
    I´m so happy!
    When he wakes up I have to help him in the bathroom and with a lot more, I have to see how that works out, but I´m not nervous about that anymore!

Just needed to share.:icon_redf

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh man, that is fantastic news! One day at a time, Boyfriend, you really are a true friend!

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You make me blush.

Yeah, one day at the time.
    I´m so pleased I live with my parents. I´m not sure if I could handle it all by myself.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are incredibly lucky to have such parents! And I'm also impressed that you have found the time to dish out some of your beyond-your-years wisdom to others here at EC.

About your wisdom: I like mechanics. They are, of necessity, humble and careful, because they deal with reality on a daily basis (the damn car that won't work), and you have no time for bull; either the engine works, or it doesn't...you can't rationalize failure away.

I see that you bring this strength to the way you express yourself here at EC, and with the commitment you've made to the guy you love: it's beautiful!

5. justjade

Your story brought a smile to my face. You are such a trooper, and I commend you for that. I'm going to agree with greatwhale and say that your love and commitment to your boyfriend is beautiful. :icon_bigg

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks!:icon_bigg

As for the "beyond-my-years wisdom" as you put it, I think it is just common sense.

I love what you said about mechanics. It´s true.

7. Average Joe

Wow, I obviously haven't read your posts for a while. Didn't know your boyfriend was already home with you. That's fantastic news! I am so happy for you. It's been said before, but you're an amazing person for always being there for him, in sickness and in health, so to speak. I really don't know where you get the strength for all of this from, but keep it up. Hope all goes well for the both of you from now on.

Your thread made me smile :slight_smile:

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It´s not easy. I guess I will get used to it soon enough. Tomorrow it´s only the morning and evening.

It´s awesome to be in one bed again ...

9. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

that's great news

10. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, maybe I can do a quick update.

He talks quite well and quite a lot although he feels he still "doesn´t know all the words".
    He is quite happy again too, which is just awesome. I never expected that to happen so quickly after he wanted to die and all.
    There is frustration, but he doesn´t go to a dark place, you know. But he does cry now and then, and so do I, sometimes together.
    The biggest change is that he takes everything literal. He doesn´t get jokes, he doesn´t get sarcasm and such, one has to be careful what you say.
    Basicly it´s like talking to a child.
    He also has no filter in what he says which can be a bit embarrassing. Well, also like a child, really.
    And he doesn´t always remember what he said before, or what someone has told him.
    When he talks, he sometimes forgets what he was talking about.

He still goes to the facility every weekday for therapy.
    He works very hard, but he can still not use one arm and leg.
    So now he has to do everything with his "wrong" hand, which is hard for him.
    I cut his food. He tries to get it to his mouth. He doesn´t always succeed. It gets messy sometimes and we laugh our heads of.

And he just found out that you normally eat a hamburger with two hands...

11. Martjain

Wow, you're an awesome and lovely boyfriend I'm so happy for you two :slight_smile: All I have to say is, we're here to support you during the process!

12. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  13. gador

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just stumbled on your thread and then looked up all your older ones. Ithink it's awesome how you are there for your boyfriend. Im not sure I could handle a situation like this. Also you really have great parents.
    I hope everything works out for all of you somehow and wish you all the best

14. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanx!

My parents play a huge role.
    I only knew him a few months before this happened, you know. But he was already living in, so there was no way we would kick him out and leave him in some facility.
    But there have been difficult moments, I won´t lie, and then my parents were always there.
    And they are great in organizing stuff and getting the chair lift and wheelchair and such, you know, practical things.

I wouldn´t know how to deal with this if we would live on our own.

15. Diego89

Hey boyfriend,

I wasn't aware of your situation and your boyfriend's til today but I'm honest when I say I'm really glad. Hopefully we'll be hearing more good news from you soon as your boy gets better day by day. My best wishes to both of you.

Diego.

16. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

were all here for you

17. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gracias/thanx!

18. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to echo what others have said. You're a wonderful boyfriend and your parents restore my faith in humanity. God bless you all! I'm so touched by your story! (*hug*)

19. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  20. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

How else is he doing