1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good hiding spots for a diary?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChristianHipstr, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

I plan on getting a diary soon, I have all these bottled up thoughts that i need to refine and put on paper before they make me explode :lol:
    I was wondering. Where are good hiding places so my family won't find it and read it..
    As for my surroundings. There are a bunch of little doors leading to the attic in my room. I have a desk, night side stand, bookshelf (empty), and dresser... Keeping in mind I share a room with my uncle, I can't use anything like the dresser or closet because he might find it... any suggestions?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I use an app on my phone for my journal (which I keep for gender related ventings). It's a crappy, free app but it does what I need and it's passcode locked. It's Secretdiary.

But to hide a physical diary... Can't hide it with your school books perchance?

3. AlamoCity

As an alternative to paper, might I suggest you open a Google account and use their Docs (now called Drive I think) and type your diary there? That way there is no paper or electronic (stored in your hard drive) trail.

The best physical place to store it, in my opinion, is in your nightstand drawer. Do this: completely take out the bottom drawer and, if there is a crawl space put it in there. No one will find it unless they move the nightstand or remove the drawer.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Underneath the closet or bookcase, you could get one of those safety deposit boxes that have a key :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

5. Fiddledeedee

Find a small dust jacket for a book nobody likes, and put it around your diary. Then put your diary, disguised as a book, on a shelf in your room. Nobody will bother to look at it. You will want to get some other books in, of course, if your shelf is empty at the moment.

Also what AlamoCity said. I've used both his method and the one above, over the years, and it's been fine.

6. Hexagon

In an encrypted file with a misleading name on your password protected computer.

7. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In your dresser under your clothes!
    That's where I keep my journal at least