1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys and open relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dustin Broke, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I did wonder about this but is it true that a lot of guys like to have open relationships rather than one on one like straight couples? It seems like I see a lot of boys like to do open relationships for some reason but I was wondering if most are guys like me that just want one boyfriend and that's it and even get married to one.

2. Hexagon

There are plenty of people who prefer monogamy, and plenty who don't. Just try not to marry someone who's looking for something different than you are.

3. Rexmond

Not all straight couples are in monogamous relationships. It's not something your sexuality determines. It's down to personal preference, and if a couple are happily consenting to be in an open relationship, then I don't see any problems in it. Would I do it in the future? Probably not when [if] I'm in a relationship.

4. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well it seemed like most guys that are straight like one on one type since you see a lot of couples living at a home together and having kids. But ya probley there are some straights that like open but I think most like one on one. It just seemed like gay guy like open more but maybe I' am wrong. I like one on one and get married to one guy. I don't like dating two guys and being boyfriends with two guys at once. It feels weird to me if I did that.

5. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the best advice!

There's nothing wrong with wanting monogamy or polyamory or whatever floats your boat, as long as your significant other is aware of your preferences and acts accordingly.

I don't necessarily think there are more gay guys in open relationships (I could be totally off the mark, though, seeing as I'm not a gay dude). It could just be the culture around you. There are plenty of men looking for committed one-on-one relationships with other men! :slight_smile: